Coco + Nutes for newbie

Thanks for the tag @Graysin

Using runoff on other house and outdoor plants is common practice, but generally recommended to avoid using runoff back into your plant.

I installed an AO filter for around 40 bucks that strips out the chlorines, saves me time not having to offgas.

I just installed my Hydrolock System yesterday, I’m going to really like it. It isn’t a passive system though

2 Likes

I throw it onto the outside garden there’s more then enough nutes left over to sustain normal plants, wintertime I usually have to run a humidifier 24/7 during veg but I found that if I leave a little behind in the drain pans it helps a lot to mitigate dryness

1 Like

Correct. Depending on your water source, you may only need ph down, or ph up. Most growers use tap water.

4 Likes

You don’t need a water test. You can just try your tap water and see how it does. Assuming your on city water somewhere, you’ll likely be OK. But if you see issues, you can then switch to distilled or RO water, or get a test then.

4 Likes

Home Depot has free water test kits u have to send the sample in takes a bit of time like 3 weeks or so but it’s free if u pick up a.kit or 2.

5 Likes

@GreenSnek I used a couple of small cups & misted water in the & sat near the solo cups. It got humidity up to 45%

Will definitely do that today! @Mark0427
I’ll call LSU AG center today & see if they do them too. I’ve used for soil samples and they were $7 but free is always better

Thank you @Covertgrower That would definitely be cheaper. What is avg ph of water?

1 Like

It’s been 24 hours & I have a lady w some green trying to poke her head out! So exciting to see!

3 Likes

Again, thanks for all the help! Do all of you spend the large sum of money on all the testers? Ph, EC, ppm, TDS? That’s a lot of expensive monitors! I’ll be sooo glad to get this 1st grown done & hoping it produces a bit bc I haven’t had but a few smokes this past year & im impatient :grin:
@Mark0427 @SilvaBack203 @Underthestairs and @Newt
@Nicky @Hellraiser @ReelOfishalTrees
@HappyHydroGrower @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410

4 Likes

Cheap TDS/EC meters are fine. Invest in a quality PH meter though.

6 Likes

Just the ph tester. Apera PH 20 for me and a cheap ppm tester both off of Amazon is all you need.

Ppm testers will come in EC reading and or a ppm reading. Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Like stated above the PH test is where u need the good money at the rest you are good

4 Likes

I put germ seeds in small 4oz clear solo cups. How big before forever pots?

Are you germinating in water, or in soil/coco?

1 Like

Make sure you put the clear cup in a red solo cup so the roots aren’t exposed to the light. :+1: :v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Exactly why I asked the above question. :wink:

2 Likes

EC, PPM and TDS are all different measures of the same thing. We normally use 500 scale PPM or EC and most meters will easily convert between them. TDS stands for ‘Total Dissolved Solids’.

I had two Apera PH meters and wore 'em both out. Bought a Bluelab that does it all for under $200 and is the most used instrument in my grow.

4 Likes

really, i think im gonna check that out… just go to thier site?

1 Like

Yup. www[.]jrpeters[.]com/lab-testing-services

2 Likes