Coco grow in 3 x 3 tent

Would 4/ 3 gal pots produce more than 3 /5 gal pots?

Welcome to ILGM! In theory, more soil (3, 5-gallon) means more roots, which means more fruits. That said, in a 3 x 3, I wouldn’t run more than 3 plants in 3 gallons, maybe 2 in 5 gallons, just because of the size limitations. 4 or 5 smaller plants will be much less happy than 2 or 3 big ones. You could even do one big plant and do a screen of green, or scrog. There are lots of options, but if it were me, I’d focus on fewer, bigger plants…less work for similar reward, vs. caring for more plants to get about the same canopy size and harvest. I hope that helps. Fantastic question, by the way. I hope others share their opinions as well. :v:

2 Likes

Especially if this is your first grow. One or two plants at most would be advisable. Part of the equation other than soil volume is of course lights and TIME! You can’t pull 8 oz from a plant that was in veg for 3 weeks. I go 2 months before flipping and average around 10 oz per plant of manicured bud.

1 Like

I got 20 started in 3x3, one gallon pots :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

See, lots of options LOL

1 Like

Thank you all. I look forward to putting this grow together. All is good.

1 plant and scrog it.

Welcome to the forum! You asked tricky question lol. 4 plants in 3 gallon pots is plenty doable, but can also be a little frustrating for a novice grower. If you go that route, I would caution vegging for a long period of time. 1-2 in a 5 gallon pot seems like pretty healthy choice for first indoor grow in my opinion too.

1 Like