COB Lighting Info

That double row would be awesome. They didn’t have them when I was shopping. And yes that 2.079 would work perfect for those as they’ll need a bit more surface area. I wish they’d had those doubles when I built mine.

And for the record, I’m ool. But it works other way around here. If she’s good, I’ll consider throwing down when she gets home :roll_eyes:

Under $19 after discount too, pretty sure that’s a steal.

1 Like

Nice. Will the meanwell 120 driver be ok.

What is full model number? Hlg-120h-cxxxxx

U out of ur league? Hell Ms DB has to be a showstopper. I bet she lights up ur life
:joy::rofl::joy::rofl: im so corny

Hahahaha, out of likes sorry.

Mine were like $9.50 each and that was after hitting the 25 pieces to get bulk discount and the 15% discount. So yeah that’s a steal indeed.

Ahhhh. Lmao. Yea i got a few left

Sorry, I’ve been really busy lately :frowning: wish I could be around a little bit more, plus working 3rd shift has been kicking my ass.

1 Like

It’s all good man. We all understand

Looks like arrow has the single row strips for pretty cheap right now, 11.59 for 3500k, 12.23 for the 4000k.
You wouldnt need too much for a veg tent. I would say 200-250w would do the trick pretty well.
The thing about going with single row over the double row is the spread, you still have the same diode count (if using half double row to single row) but it would really be the same. I had 2 of the double row, and 2 Qb 288s in my tent and the strips threw out some light.
Along with the sinks from Heatsink USA, they do a very good job.

2 Likes

Oh didnt even see the double row 4000k, that’s a hell of a deal tbh.

1 Like

I thought so too. You think it would take 200-250 watts to veg a 2x4? I’m thinking if two hlg-65 would do it 150 watts of strips would be plenty.

1 Like

You could probably do it with a lot less than 200-250w, that’s just the number I was comfortable giving out lol. I

1 Like

150w of strips actually sounds like plenty now that I think about it.

I think so, somewhere there about anyway. I like 4 of those double row f’s on the hlg-240 which would be closer to 200 but also still around $1 per watt and leaves some room on driver for expansion.

But I also think filling out an hlg-120 with single row f’s or eb’s would provide solid results.

2 Likes

Yea, I feel like the downfall of the double row is their high price point. If you can get a good deal on them, that’s what I would go for.

Wow. This is the plethora of info guys. Thanks!!

I’ve never bought them for same reason. If they’re still same price when we get back from Vegas and I can swindle another discount, I’ll probably try to grab some. I have a half dozen of those 2.079 pre cut to 24”.

2 Likes