Coast of Maine Soil

I’ve used great white myco in my second grow, at transplant and once or twice after mixed into water. The roots definitely seem more developed with it. Both grows I used CoM stonington. It’s not a direct comparison though as I’m growing a different strain for my second grow.

I’m not an expert, but I think adding microbes probably won’t hurt.

2 Likes

New grower.
Just ordered a bag of Stonington soil and the Stonington plant food. I could not get the fish bone meal so I grabbed Dr Earths version of it.
Purple Haze autos in 3gal fab pot. I hear nothing but good things about COM products

5 Likes

I am new and i had to scratch my first grow a month in using stonington mix and watering with recharge. Two weeks into my second grow they are giving me a hard time too but in all fairness I am growing indoors in a tent and i sanitized the tent after the first fail. Everything is spot on. Watering, lights, soil rh and temp…its very frustrating. The only two things it could be is the mix or a pathegon of some kind. I am currently having a fungal outbreak in my yard and i been super cautious not to bring it in the house but that might not be enough. Super frustrating. I have grown from seed before with no knowledge, good soil, or equipment and everything came out fine. Gdp grow

Wow, I’m on my first grow indoors in a tent, using Stonington, photo and auto seeds - and it really has been so much easier than any outdoor grow I have ever done. My 3 autos are getting towards the end - they popped 7/16 and the single photo will get flipped 9/26. I’m use COM guide for fertz and additives and using my well H20 (6.1 pH). Knock on wood as it has been smooth so far. Good luck on finding your problem and correcting it.

3 Likes

@Jlenarto13 what’s in recharge and why are you adding it? What’s your water source?

These seem like likely factors to me. Everything else you are describing sounds pretty well controlled.

2 Likes

Hmm, I use Recharge also, but only in flowering, and only every other watering.
Are you growing in plastic or fabric pots? Last year I was outside in plastic and only had to water once a week. This year I’m indoor and in fabric pots and added additional perlite to the Stonington blend, I wanted to be able to water and feed more frequently, I’m watering every 4th day now. Can you post some pics of the plants with the problem, maybe we can help identify what’s going on

2 Likes

They are in seedling stage in a very small solo cup style seedling pot. Recharge is a microbial inoculant and you want to get them on the roots when they are very young so they can colonize with the root growth. I am using distilled water that read 3ppm. I will send pics.of old grow. The new one is only 2 weeks old. One just bent over 180 degrees and another one was balf bent over. Not stretched. The tiny leaves on these seedlings are dark green and looked almost like they shrunk a tiny bit.

1 Like

You might want to try CoM seed starter soil next time to get things going and then transplant to stonington. That’s what I’ve done and it’s worked well. I transplanted 2-3 weeks after sprout. Seedlings don’t need too many nutrients when first starting out. For now, maybe just water without the recharge until the plant gets a little bigger. Stonington already has microbes and a lot of organic fertilizer in it.

3 Likes

+1 to @Naturalmedsman comment. Less is more with this. I also use the seedling mix for seedlings and transplant after about 3 weeks. Maybe try either sticking with just straight water plus CalMag or if you really need to add something like recharge how about either just molasses in the water or compost tea weekly after the seedling is established.

As @Naturalmedsman said, there’s a lot of nutrition in the CoM Stonington soil and straight water is all you need for at least a month after transplanting from seedling mix

These plants look overfed to me.

4 Likes

I’m transplanting into Stonington tonight week 2.5 with my auto flower. Will see if she likes it.

2 Likes

Have you checked the pH of your distilled water, the distilled water I buy is over 8, which is too high. I also use the CoM seedling soil for seeds and clone cuttings until I transplant. I agree with your thinking on the microbes and hitting them early with it but I would hold off on the recharge until they’re a little older. I use Dynomyco every time I transplant for root development and never get any leaf burn.

4 Likes

I agree. My distilled is phd 6.3-6.5. It honestly didnt need it because it came natural at 6.8. I think your right. Im using 50/50 com seedling soil/stonington mix my second grow. What i think happened my first grow is 1 of 2 things. Recharge will raise ur ph and a lot depending on how much u use. It will correct itself but with seedlings it may be too much. I had it read in at 10. I didnt have a ph pen my first grow and i was watering god knows how high the ph was. Lock out. Or the microbes from recharge made the organic nutes way too avail way too quick for the seedlings. Second grow i used phd recharge first 2 waters which in hindsight i shouldnt have prob. Now its strictly distilled water with a ppm of 3 and a ph of 6.5ish. My seedlings havent grown one bit in about 5 days and have dark green leaves. I think they are adjusting to the hotter 50 50 soil mix at the moment and hopefully i see a spurt in the next 3 to 5 days…the next week is crucial and if they survive thru it then i think i shoumd be ok

2 Likes

1 Like