Coast of Maine seed starter

So who has used this seed starter by coast? How did it work out? Paid about 1$ per pound. Wondering how effective for those who transplant from like solo cups or pods. Thanks in advance

Dude i start mine in mostly peat with a little soil as an amendment and some perlite/vermiculite till i transplant to more fertile soil in its final pot its way more economic, just keep an eye on ph of whatever you use

Started my Blueberry auto in it. Made a well in Stonington Blend and filled with COM seed started. Doing perfect so far

2 Likes

So i oh have them both and going to do the same. Well kinda. Bought 5 inch solo cups going to start in there and move to the stonington blend too🤙

I have stopped using solos and switched to 1gallon nursery bags lot easier to transplant and no shock

2 Likes

Yeah that’s not a bad idea. Maybe I’ll switch it up.

I’m definitely a newb and do not feel I have the right to give opinions yet, especially because this is only my 2nd batch, however lol, I have successfully started and grown 24 plants from seed, all of which were started in a cup of water at room temp in a dark place at various times, then put into there forever pots, all have grown with no issues, seams simple enough?? From my point of view It seams simple and no point to invest into something that’s not been any kind of issue so far anyway? All my seeds I started germinated and have grown without any kind of transplanting. Good luck, I love this stuff and I definitely have so much to learn for sure.

1 Like

My grow style is as little work as possible nursery bags help with that

2 Likes

So I used pods and have had a few issues. But overall great luck. But if I can keep them happy with No nutes I’m for it. So that’s why I went with the COM product. The dirt I had to top dress that was it all the way through the grow. So very simple. Water, dirt , done👍

1 Like

I used COM products with great results still use their stuff on my outdoor grows recently I have switched to grow dots and recharge in promix HP some of the most trouble free grows I’ve ever had

1 Like

You have had issues with Gro dots? I do use the recharge when I use coast of Maine along with a little bit of molasses but that’s really it and you know top dress amendments.