Co2 in grow tent

How do you know if the a co2 bag is working or not? It’s only be a day since it’s been in the tent but I’m just curious as to how long it would take to see results if any?

You need a co2 meter to know hoe much co2 you have. Or you can be astonished by the quick heavy growth.

Well I saw nice growth within the first 3 weeks, so I’m guessing its wait and see

much co2 you have. growth. SLH and SSH at 6 weeks.
It will really be noticeable late veg to ~ 5 weeks flower

Unless you are running VERY high intensity lights (over 1,000 µmol/j/m2) you will not derive any benefit from CO2. Plus those bags are next to worthless. The only way to utilize CO2 to benefit your plants is with a closed loop system pushing high partial pressures and high nutrient load. It has to be sealed and climate controlled without introducing outside air.

So to answer your question; no it’s not working.

8 Likes

Lol man just shoot my dreams down.

1 Like

I wish mines looked like that

these are almost 4 weeks old

Any suggestions or is this normal 4 week growth

Yes, much,much light, nutes, water, and control temp, humidity. I gas the girls in the morning ~3 hours of cycling 1min/20 min. to 1500pp. Evacuate the tent and tend to plants. Another 3 hr session after lunch.
Temp rises to ~90ºf, humidity 85-90%. with tent sealed. The dehumidifier runs constantly. Gas is the way to go with a small tent.

Well I have another HLG 100, and that bag does feel like it’s just taking up space but at the same time I can kinda felt the temp can in the room and everything don’t know if it’s the gases I was telling somebody else about the bag and there’s a different one or I might change where’s it’s like sit it in the front and lower it so that the gases actually have to pass through the plants before it’s sucked out by the filter

Sorry to hit you with the bad news but it’s fairly common. Those exhale bags are a ripoff IMO.

Plants look fine for age but suggest potting up into fabric pots: you will see an improvement in root mass. If they are autos then perhaps leave them be.

That HLG 100 can be added once you are in flower where you need the intensity.

2 Likes

Yeah I bought some fabric pots after I did all the work with these two plastic 3gal ones… I really want that HLG 300L with the dimmer… and why should I wait to add the second HLG 100 And these are two fem Sour Diesel

You can already smell the big one faintly and I only ask bout the light because I thought if you put both in I’d just have to change the height of them once I changed the light cycle

I don’t understand lights AT ALL and could use help

1 Like

Plants in veg require less light (longer time under the light too). Once they go into flower your light schedule is reduced (12/12) so need more intensity to hit the Daily Light Interval (DLI) for whatever stage the plant is in.

I say add in flower as well because plants aren’t showing they are stretching for more light so right now let em ride.

Ok so if these were autoflowers what would be the process once they start to flower I heard you don’t change the light cycle at all is that true Or still change it from 18/6 to 12/12

Man out of all the stuff I’ve read this the first time Im understanding that ish and I know what light I want now too… so for LEDs the light should always be somewhere between 12-24 inches above the top of the plant… and 12 - I mean germination to seedlings… then to 18 for veg cycle and I’m saying that because you can’t see it in the pic but the big one was showing a lil heat stress so I moved the light from 12 to 18 above it… so 12-24 depending on the signs your plant shows right? So when i choose to change the light cycle to 12/12 I can hang both lights at 18-24 depending on plants signs which I know should be 2 hlg 135s instead of hlg 100s

This is going to depend on the amount of light the plant is getting. Keep in mind that plants will only be able to use so much light. They can’t process above a certain point. Light demand is less in veg (smaller plant) but once you flower generally backing down to 12/12 would be the way to go, regardless of auto or photo. The advantage of autos is if you do have inadequate light for flower under 12/12 you can just hammer them for longer.

You have HLG lights and the experience I’ve had growing under my own diy strip build is these lights are running down close to 25 watts per square foot (a bad metric I know but easy to apply).

You gotta do what the plant tells you to.

You might be able to go quite a bit closer than that: I’ve had some plants that got slammed (they stretched a lot) but the diffuse layout of these lights and correct spectrum means less damage to plant, depending on it’s tolerance.

I run a SCROG normally which is a great tool to put all of your light and the plant on the same horizontal plane. Normally I’ll have mine down around 12" in mid flower.

That one did 14 zips in a 5 1/2 month grow in Promix HP.

5 Likes

So how long did you had your plant in veg ? @Myfriendis410

1 Like

Wow she is beautiful and I have a trellis… it’s didn’t quite look right when I first installed it thou. I have a small 2x4 tent and all trellis’ I saw were really made for square tents and mines is rectangle. Well I guess I need to let the plants grow more or should that be something that the plants bump into as it grows and then you move the branches around so and so forth… I also heard you cut the top off and I’m just not comfortable doing that this my first grow and I don’t wanna mess anything up but I have a trellis don’t really know what I’m doing with it thou