CO2 helpful or a waste of time

I’m a industrial electrician , I work in hazardous environment .So I need to wear a 5 gas meter most of the time. Over my 26 year career ,getting caught in large pockets of CO2 is common. You have seconds to identify and solve the problem. Something as simple as cracking a door or a overhead door ,turning on a fan can solve your problem (bringing your PPM down ) .So when I see peolpe adding CO2 to grow tents with moving air ,air scrubbers and fans it sounds ridiculous. CO2 dissipates incredibly fast. I know this because my life depends on it. Are you guys just tilting at windmills ?

3 Likes

CO2 is mostly used for sealed room applications.

3 Likes

@KoolHandLuke
CO2 does work. But only works for sealed room environments.
The second largest factor, is how much light is required. Most people don’t have enough light for CO2 to make a difference.

Those exhale bags I don’t think do a thing. Air exchange rate is much to high for it to stay in the tent. But bottles of CO2 do work. I don’t recommend running CO2 in the same space you live in, for common sense reasons mentioned above. (Suffocation)

2 Likes

what i have noticed that a lot of new growers take advice as gospel without doing research on WHY someone is using ANYTHING. i stalk a lot of pages and i see new people telling other new people to do stuff or use stuff they see more experienced growers do. this is a disaster waiting to happen.

5 Likes

@Covertgrower, @pptrsha1, @BobbyDigital Thank you ,I thought so . When I believe in something, I can be rigid in my stance. So I always ask for a outside opinion. These young guys need to be careful. A 20lb tank is probably harmless. But I tend to be more cautious around CO2 than other gases ,because how sneaky it is .They should have a 3 gas meter in the sealed environment and set the alarm for 800 ppm. Never enter a room that has over a 1000 ppm. of CO2

1 Like

a new person told me to use liquid nitrogen in my grow room!

3 Likes

I try to deflect new growers from the exhale bags etc every week.

3 Likes

Well you could, if it’s empty and you were trying to kill pests off. Lol. Might want to bring a respirator with outside air supply… @pptrsha1

@KoolHandLuke I’m willing to bet it could be dangerous in a very small space. You’re right though, CO2 is a very serious matter. I would prefer to grow with a large amount of air exchange over growing with CO2 because of the risk. (Can’t suffocate from air outside) I guess it would be different if I didn’t have kids. That’s my safety and mine only. I have to consider others who are not aware at all.

2 Likes

telling people that dont have the knowledge or experience to understand what they are doing is like filling the room with gasoline and saying got a light?

1 Like

I really should stay away from this conversation…
Only because I want you all to know what you are doing and investigate the crap out of whatever it is that your looking into…
I’m pretty sure that it would be hard to die from a tank of co2 …
But I use a propane co2 generator in a closed system sometimes when it’s so hot outside that its cheaper to supplement the co2 and exhaust every 4 hours … :thinking::wink::+1::grin:
When using any kind of gas generator (ie) natural or propane…
The way that the gas is being burned is what’s most important…
Crappie machinery makes carbon monoxide and good equipment makes carbon dioxide…
When using a tank of co2 , I kinda feel like they are harmless , because the gas will escape extremely fast once you enter…
With natural gas or propane , I feel it is extremely different and could be extremely dangerous in so many different situations…
Please… people… do your research from any and all manufacturers of the products you are hearing about… :flushed::wink::grin::+1:
Something that I haven’t posted in awhile , which could save a life or your house or property is this product and I think this is a good place for me to repost it… :wink::+1:
Much luv fellow cultivators and no they don’t sponsor me… :thinking::wink::+1:

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like