Co2 generator opinions

I am thinking about making a Co2 generator out of sugar yeast and aquarium hose. Anyone have input on this? Is it going to be beneficial or just a waste of time?

3 Likes

Co2 is good during veg and flower but not so much for seedling as they don’t have a lot of leaves to absorb the Co2 hope this helped. :cactus:

3 Likes

Going to mount hose to the adjustable light tray in my closet. Want to keep it above plants correct?

1 Like

Yes I ran this exact set-up for years, it’s my opinion that CO2 is a waste of time in the vast majority of gardens, jmo

2 Likes

@Dankgrower88 A CO2 generator is a good idea, like @tee3737 mention, it’s not necessary for the seedling period :innocent: , for the yeast it have a smelly side to it but work :wink::innocent: hope that you will found this helpful :innocent:

2 Likes

Yes I use it but since it’s my first grow using it can’t really say … but I heard on here that it works :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Of course CO2 works but Co2 is of no use to plants and will not be utilized unless you’re running a high temperature Garden where CO2 levels need to be increased, otherwise the plants can’t utilize The increased CO2 and you’re basically just wasting sugar

I would suggest you do further research before you invest yourself in this endeavor

• best wishes
1 Like

Ok, I had a bit of a heat problem but got it figured out now. Also had a problem keeping humidity up. Tried bowl of water and hanging wet towel, and cool mist humidifier outside of closet seems to do the job…so no real need for Co2??

2 Likes

:ok_hand:t2::+1::seedling: happy growing

The mechanism of CO2 absorption of a plant is complex and one way is by light for the leaves to do it , here a scientific link that explain this particular way of absorption :relaxed::innocent:

http://plantsinaction.science.uq.edu.au/content/112-light-absorption

1 Like

Ô, and in the same link chapter 14, it give an interesting view on how temperature and acclimation does affect the process, here’s the link

http://plantsinaction.science.uq.edu.au/content/chapter-14-temperature-and-acclimation

Hoping that you’ll find this interesting and helpful :relaxed::innocent::+1::ok_hand::v:

1 Like