Co2 emitting bags opinions? Question

Anyone know anything about the co2 bags? Are they supposed to have that fungus growing in them and if so should I be worried about it contaminating my plants?

1 Like

CO2 bags generally don’t really help much. Just be sure to have continuous exchange of fresh air running to your grow space. For Extra CO2 to really be effective you need to have a closed loop system. It would also require extremely intense lighting to be effective. Generally speaking natural levels of CO2 that exist in your home is sufficient for cannabis cultivation.

8 Likes

So I got a co2 bag have any of you ever used them and are they supposed to have that mildewed looking white crap in them? Is that maybe the mushrooms they are talking about? It’s got me worried because it looks just like powdery mildew!

2 Likes

I don’t know much about the c02 bags but that looks to me like mold, I definitely would not be smoking that.

That is mycelium, the stuff mushrooms grow from, which is a type of fungi. Totally normal for CO2 bags that use that method to generate CO2.

1 Like

Lol no I definitely won’t be smoking that :joy: I was just worried about it affecting my ladies, but I’ve found out through people on here and research that’s normal it’s doing what it’s supposed to be doing. Thanks tho.

Yes it’s basically like a mushroom that grows in the bag and omits CO2 thru the screened patch. It won’t harm the grow at all it is supposed to do that

1 Like