CO2 Bag question?

Hello, I have a question about CO2 bags!

I have been seeing how they contribute to the flowering stage to maybe develop better yields due to being able to photosynthesis better
But I have seen that they also help plants with higher temperatures in the grow tent.

My T600 mars hydro has been making my tent pretty hot in my closet, I have a exhaust fan and fresh cool air going into the tent and has been reading 78-88 early on.

I would just like to know alittle more about the subject before I buy one for the right reasons.

Thanks friends

4 Likes

Only under the right environmental conditions - intense lighting, higher temps, the ability to push high nute levels (usually hydro,) and so on. A Mars 600 is no where near enough light for the plant to use the extra CO2. You need to be running 1,200+ PPFD at the plantā€™s canopy for extra CO2 to help the plant.

5 Likes

In general CO2 benefits the plant during veg. This is where most photosynthesis occurs. CO2 bags simply canā€™t produce the high partial pressures needed to do this. Like stated you also need high light levels and a sealed environment with heat and humidity controls in place.

Better to optimize your grow using conventional methods like proper media, nutrients etc.

I can do better than 40 oz. of flower in my 4 X 8 with 4 plants run with coco and nutes. This is without trying hard either. Many here grow a pound or more per plant indoors.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not looking for better yields. My real question is will it help with my high temps in my tent will it make my plant more resistant to high temperature?

1 Like

Extra CO2 makes no difference if the plant canā€™t use the extra CO2. The simple solution is to increase airflow. Honestly, 88F isnā€™t all that bad.

2 Likes

Oh okay I get it, I just been thinking alot about it and seeing that my Temps should be 67-78. What are good temps for seedling-veg to flower. My seedling at the moment has a temp of 79.

Mid to high 70s is ideal, but anywhere between 65 to 90 is common. 88F is pushing the high end, but still acceptable.

3 Likes

Do you use vpd?

Hereā€™s one chartā€¦ Thereā€™s many online.

It takes into account your temp/humidity ratio depending on leaf temp(taken with a laser temp gun set at about 0.94).

If your temps are high and canā€™t push more air inā€¦ Adjust your humidity to get you into range for your stage.

Okay awesome, your such a great guy @MidwestGuy very smart guy. I have one last question. I have a soil mix of 1/4 happy frog on top 1/4 happy frog and 1/4 ocean forest mixed together in the middle and at the bottom I have strawberry fields. With this kind of soil what kind of nutrients should I get. I donā€™t have ANy at the moment. Or does my soil have decent amount of nutes already?

2 Likes

Whatā€™s VPD. Tbh I donā€™t know how to read that graph.
I have been able to get it down to 78 thatā€™s the lowest I have been able to reach and my highest has been 88

2 Likes

It has enough nutes to last the plant for 4 to 6 weeks from your last transplant.

Jackā€™s 321 is very popular, inexpensive, effective, and isnā€™t heavy on the minerals salts like many nute lines are.

Get yourself a PPM meter, measure runoff PPM, and begin feeding when the PPM dips below 1,000 for the first time.

2 Likes

I planted straight into itā€™s pot so I wonā€™t ever transplant it, I did see everyome talking about jacks so alright thanks so much. Also which jacks nutes should I get is there specific ones?

2 Likes

Vapor pressure deficit.

Take your stageā€¦ On legend at the bottomā€¦ Then goto your tempā€¦ Go across to get your humidity to set to get you in range for the stage.

I usually go for somewhere in the middle of the range.

For instanceā€¦ Say your at 78 in flowerā€¦ Humidity should be around 56rh.

Some charts take into account early and late flower

1 Like

Okay I get. Thx

2 Likes

This, in addition to pure Epsom salt for magnesium and sulfur.

https://www.amazon.com/Jacks-Nutrients-Calcium-Nitrate-Fertilizer/dp/B09MJMZPXF?tag=greenrel-20

edited to add tag to link

3 Likes

@MidwestGuy has you covered. He knows how to rock and roll this. My temps go to 90ā° once in a while. My tent is open most of the time when lights are on. I have an air cleaner in lung room pushing the good around

2 Likes

So that Jack nutes and pure epsom salt if I understand correctly.

1 Like

Correct. Happy growing.

1 Like

1 bag puts my tent at 1500 and my bedroom around 1200.

What are the air temps from the lung-room going in?
Provided they are low enough & you still have trouble controlling high temps, then you probably have inefficient airflow at one or more areas in your setup, &/or an under-powered exhaust fan. These things can be tested easily enough. How many cubic feet of airspace is your closet, & what is your air-exchange setup exactly?

2 Likes