Cloudline T6 thoughts

If I turn off my grow room exhaust for more then 30 minutes the whole basement starts to smell. Mine don’t alarm anymore either, and never will. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you using a tent?

@Cannabian no tent, couple of bedrooms in basement. Plenty of places for the air to leak out hence my need of 24x7 negative pressure. But I’m not here to jack this guys thread, just was commenting on the fans.

2 Likes

No its not jacking, its related and may be situationally important. Fan choice and controller choice matters. For that reason, what may be a good choice for me might be a bad investment for you. Thanks for posti g that.

3 Likes

I have both an S6 and an S8. The former is in a 4x4 and the latter is in a 5x5. If I had it to do over again I would go with S8’s for both, as they move about twice as much air. I have the same concerns about odor that you do and they work great. I manage temp and humidity by adjusting my input air, which stays pretty stable without having the controller feature of the t6 or the t8.

1 Like

Thanks guys for the great feedback! I am going to look into the options mentioned here and take a look. I know I don’t need the fans running 24/7, but I like to maintain constant negative pressure in my tent to insure no smell.

3 Likes

True but they have to be the same size. IE T6 and S6 or T4 and S4. Can’t mix T6 with an S4. I don’t know why but that’s what it states on their website

Yeah it’s because the T4 controllers only go up to a power level of 8.

The t4 and t6 controllers are the same. The brick the comes with the t4 is lower power. Top pack is the t4 bottom is the t6. Just order the larger size fan with controller and the smaller or same size for the second port.

1 Like

And I just happened to notice both bricks say 6" duct. But the one is 2.5amp the other 4.2amp. I did try the 4" and 6" on the same controller but found I like to have the intake running a little slower than the exhaust. I’m probably just tweaking things to tweak but I swear it helps by keeping the air fresh.

That’s interesting. I wonder why then you couldn’t add a s4 fan on a controller with a t6 block. Could you overdrive the s4 on that block?

You can and I did. Doesn’t overdrive, the s4 just doesn’t use as much power as the s6 so your not using the total power the brick could provide. Instead of the 4ish amps of two s6 it’s like 3.4amps (just making up numbers based on the pack ratings, never checked the actual draw…).