Cloudline T6 thoughts

I am looking at purchasing a cloudline s6, is there any other advantage to the t6 other than the heat/humidity setting?

I plan to have my fan run 24/7 so I don’t think the extra cash for the temp sensor would make sense…

Any other advantages over the S6 other than the controller?

Same fan, different controller is all. One advantage for the digital controller (besides the temp/humidity sensors) is you can run a second fan off of it. So if you were planning on running an intake fan as well, it can control both.

2 Likes

Ok, so the only advantage would be the controller. I usually go with a passive intake, so I will probably opt for the S6.

Thanks for the input!

1 Like

Yep, that’s the only difference.

I love my t6, the control is how i mantain my humidity and temperature

1 Like

@Tinman, I spoke with Cloudline because I wasn’t sure if the temp controller moderated the fan speed or just turned it on and off. They said it’s just on or off. Since I plan to run the fan 24/7, I don’t know if the controller is needed.

U can adjust the speed, high temp ,low temp , high humidity, and low humidity.if it gets to hot or highh humidity the fan will kick in and pull fresh air in to my room.

1 Like

@Tinman

I usually keep the fan on 24/7 so I have negative pressure. I think the S6 with adjustable speed should work.

3 Likes

It’s more money, but the Hyper fan has a controller that allows you to set a minimum fan speed and a temp setting. I like it as I don’t have these very noticeable swings in noise like my cloud line.

@AAA, does the temp setting just turn the fan on and off at a specific set temp, or does the fan regulate it’s speed based on the temp setting?

I am going to check it out now.

1 Like

Regulates speed as far as I can tell.

You choose at what % speed you want the fan to run constantly, that’s your full time negative pressure, then when temp climbs it increases speed until the temp drops then goes back to its constant speed.

4 Likes

@AAA Awesome, do you have an Amazon link or a pic of the fan?

The SMART setting will increase fan speed with the temperature on a curve. I have the t6 and t4 but I have never used them in that manner. I manually set the speed and leave it 24x7 the same. I’ve found it keeps the environment much more stable that way. During veg I run the fans slower to keep humidity up and faster in flower to keep it down. I didn’t like the idea of running two fans on one controller as the speeds can not be set individually.

1 Like

I have the stealth fan, you need the controller that is linked for constant running at whatever % you choose.

https://www.amazon.com/Hyper-Fan-Digital-Mixed-Flow/dp/B00HP35PUU/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Hyper+fan&qid=1581002641&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUE1M0hITzhCNzU3QlgmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA1NDk3OTBMNERNWkxISUZWMEomZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDQwMTY5OTE0SDFQRk5RV0M3UVMmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

https://www.amazon.com/Hyper-Fan-Stealth-315-CFM/dp/B00S27SRI0/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=Hyper+in-line+grow+fan&qid=1581002495&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-4

https://www.amazon.com/Hyper-Fan-Temperature-Speed-Controller/dp/B0792SGMM4/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Hyper+fan+controller&qid=1581002579&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-1-catcorr

1 Like

That setting is smarter than I am, ave yet to figure out how that’s works.

3 Likes

@AAA Same here. Maybe if I was using it to boost a heating or cooling run that feature would be more useful. One thing that I don’t like about the t6 and t4 controllers is when they power cycle they alarm. Even if you had alarms off before the loss of power. I opened the controllers and popped the buzzer off the boards, as alarming secret garden isn’t what I was going for when I bought the super quiet fan.

3 Likes

No thats not the only advantage, if you have a second controller such as an inkbird, it would take up one work outlet to operate the fan. With the controller it frees up the inkbirds 2 work outlets for humidifier/ dehumidifier and a heater/ air conditioner. You could run one of the work outlets on an inkbird for the exhaust fan but I like having 3 applications available not only 2.

Somehow, mine doesn’t alarm.

2 Likes

Its soft on soft off, meaning it isnt just full on and off. Way quiet fan. You dont need to have an exhaust fan on 24/7 it just needs to replace room air a few times an hour.

1 Like

Not mine! No alarm comes on. I turned the alarms to 0 and off. They do not make any sound.

1 Like