Closet/Frigidank™ perpetual grow

And then this just happened:

I’m soaking my single Lil Sebastian bag seed. My wife and I pondered the inventory for a minute, and then it was unanimous. Good vibes, prayers, whatever, all welcome in hopes it’s a girl. I plan to put the first top I take straight into the flower box as a clone in hopes of determining sex as early as possible.

I’ll also be taking some clones from Mama Left Eye to hedge my grow. Worst case, if the Lil Sebastian seed turns out to be a male or hermi, I’ll still have the best of the 3-4 clones I’ll take to veg out and be ready to take Chilli’s place. More to come…

6 Likes

May I ask what the washing of the plant does?

1 Like

Just that, washes off any dust, debris, nutrients that may have splashed up, etc. This is my first grow, I read a lot about the benefits of doing this, and decided to go for it! Give me a few weeks, and I’ll let you know if it was worth it! :wink:

2 Likes

I wash all my outdoor plants and indoor plants most of the time too. Just depends how motivated I feel that particular day lol.

2 Likes

The White Widow harvest dried enough in 24 hours for me to comfortably do this today:

…and then this:

…to make room for this:

…which, in turn, made room for this:

Mama Left Eye looks pretty chopped up after taking some clones and removing some dying branches from over aggressive supercropping, but I’m learning, and I’m confident that she’ll be okay.

Here’s the nursery:

For now, the top shelf will be for these clones and (hopefully) seedling, and whichever plant of those is “the Chosen One” to be next up in the Frigidank™, will go all the way through veg there.

At some point, once Left Eye is used up (that sounds so bad, but you get it) or flowered, I may change this up a bit. Maybe run 4-6 seedlings, put the best looking/behaving two down to the bottom to veg for a couple months, eventually culling to just the better of the best, and then vegging it until the flower box is vacant. Some kind of cycle like that.

I’m pretty happy with how my first grow has gone, seed to harvest. I don’t expect big numbers, and I don’t care what the final weight is really, but I’ll definitely post it once it’s dry, either way. I’ve learned so much, and I’m already halfway through my second grow. I’m so excited to try the dried (yes, dried, I won’t make it another 2+ weeks for “cured” LOL!) White Widow, to smell the Lemon Skunk start flowering (HOOah!), to taste the final, cured product, and to watch my Lil Sebastian baby grow up to be a voluptuous, dense, beautifully fragrant lady herself…or, you know, another Lemon Skunk clone or four, if Lil Sebastian turns out to truly be a “Sebastian,” and not Lil Kim. No worries!

I’m SO in love with this plant. I mean, I’ve always really liked her, you know? Lol! She makes me happy, hungry/sleepy when I need help with either, and oh the things she does for pain and so many other ailments, that pills cannot.

But taking a little seed and putting it in some soil and watching it grow, nurturing it as it nurtures you (ok, maybe that sounds a little silly, too much, whatever…but seriously, gardening has calmed me down, made me more patient…probably saved my life, truly), helping it grow the best you can, so it can help you medicate the best you can. I’m sure you can tell I’m medicated. So? I’d probably not have the guts to get over my own crap long enough to even take a photo, let alone post this journal, if it weren’t for this wonderful plant. Growing it yourself is an entirely different experience. I honestly don’t even care if it turns out to be schwag. I f****** did it! And no one can take that away from me! :yum:

Anyway, I’m just as high on life as anything else this evening, and wanted to share my random thoughts. I’ve been told they help others sometimes. I hope everyone is doing well today/tonight. Happy gardening! :v:

14 Likes

Awesome @elheffe702 that should lst for a bit!

1 Like

This strain is supposed to stretch 2-3x, so she’s going straight to 12/12. I’m already concerned with her size lol

1 Like

Congratulations! It’s a great feeling isn’t it? Your hard work paid off. Enjoy your meds. Have a nice morning

1 Like

That’s the best part. I have such a small setup, it’s hardly even work. It’s very relaxing, and yes! VERY rewarding.

3 Likes

Chilli exploded overnight after being tucked and fed yesterday.

I did some more tucking today, and I can already tell that she is going to fill the screen nicely.

Meanwhile, in the nursery, Lil Sebastian is peeking, but not quite sprouted.

And the Left Eye Clones are all perky and healthy so far. I’ll start looking for roots in a week or so. I plan to move them into solo cups once they’re rooted in the peat plugs.

I hope everyone is doing well and having a good day. Happy gardening! :v:

10 Likes

Looking awesome @elheffe702

1 Like

Lil “Kim” Sebastian saying hello to the world:

9 Likes

@elheffe702 out of likes, she is making her first appearance!

1 Like

So I got a dry, going into the jar to cure weight of 42 grams of White Widow, plus a small jar of popcorn curing (maybe an eighth), and a batch of brownies (two of which kicked my ass, last night) from the trim.

Considering I stunted her early, overwatered, overfed, didn’t adjust ph until a couple weeks into flower, broke one fourth of the plant off trying to lst about 4-5 weeks into vegging, tried to scrog but she was too small, had to completely flush her from 8+ ph soil, did some lst (too late) in mid flowering…just a complete disaster of a crash course of a learning experience…I consider it a success. I’ve tested a couple of the smaller buds, stuff I don’t mind not saving for the full cure, and it’s pretty dang good. I’ve had worse from the dispensary, and it has a while to go to cure. I can’t be upset about that.

My wife says “it smells just like the dispensary,” but to me, sticking my nose in the whole jar, nor sniffing individual buds… hardly any smell, maybe some melon, until you grind them. Then it’s a piney, chem smell. The buds are dense, mostly. There’s some loose, airy stuff, but overall, really nice. Smoke is smoother than expected at this stage, and potent! Knowing it will only get better makes me giggle. :smile:

Meanwhile, Chilli has reacted poorly to I think a, the warmer box, and b, the full spectrum lights. So I switched to the reds only, and made some air flow adjustments to bring the temp down to right at 80 from as high as 86 earlier. She’ll get plain, ph’d water tomorrow, hopefully that’ll perk her back up.

Lil Kim is climbing right up, completely opened, and starting on her (:crossed_fingers:) first pair of serrated leaves. And the clones still look happy for now. I am, too. Be well, friends! :v:

7 Likes

Congratulations on your harvest dude! Haven’t commented on your thread before but have been watching, Been a journey bud you drug her through it. :sunglasses:
You’ve grew your own meds and your right No one can take that away.
Awesome job , and the 2nd grow… watch out!!!

3 Likes

Thanks @Nug-bug!

1 Like

Congrats my friend. Each grow will be better than your last :v:

2 Likes

I had a busy day in the garden today, sort of. We’ll go in order of age, and start with Chilli. This poor girl has not reacted well to the move. She got 6.3 ph water today, and runoff was up to 7.8. What the hell am I doing wrong? I adjust to 6.5 (usually, but if my runoff was high last time, I drop it to 6.3, to try to compensate). I think I’m answering my own question as I write it out here. I’m feeding exactly to the chart, every other watering, but I think I’ll halve that, or feed only every third watering to see if it helps with the alkalinity. I’ll be buying a reverse osmosis system and ppm meter soon, and hopefully get a better handle on my soil ph.

I’ll post some pics so you can see what I mean by “this poor girl,” but I’m pretty sure a lot of the damage is from her being dry and brittle from the heat and greater light intensity, and from my not-so-gentle hands while tucking. From above, overall, she looks pretty healthy still.

But look closer:

There’s a lot going on there, and I’m fairly certain most of it is ph issues, with a side of environmental shock. I can handle both, but does anyone see anything other than ph-caused deficiencies, a little sun/windburn, anything else I can easily help and save myself some hassle? All input is welcome. Lately I feel a little like a crazy person talking to myself in an empty room lol! :crazy_face:

The closet got a lot of attention today. Mainly the nursery shelf. Mama is doing good, chugging along no matter how hard I try to kill her (joking, of course).

I wanted to get the clones out of the Baby Bullet® holder, so they got transferred into small cups (added some drainage holes by simply melting the bottom edge of the cup). This way, no roots (:crossed_fingers:) will be damaged when they protrude through the peat plugs (if I had left them), and they can grow a bit before needing to be transplanted. Also, this has spread them out some so they all get lots of light. Six Lemon Skunk clones from Left Eye, and the back left is attempt number 2 at chamomile (which I’ve already knocked over once and I’m pretty sure I dumped out the miniscule seed, so I just tossed another one in there…I’m guessing I’ll end up with a chamomile volunteer sprout somewhere lol all good), all in Fox Farms Happy Frog.

Drainage:

And Lil Kim:

The clones’ foliage and soil (letting it dry out, then misting just til it’s moist again), Lil Kim’s soil, and the dome all get misted a few times a day, with 6.5 ph, filtered, dechlorinated water, probably a little less often now, with all the extra, moist soil in there to add humidity. We’ll see.

And the coolest picture of all (in my recently-harvested opinion):

I’m very anxious to try the finished product. :v:

9 Likes

I think you’re right about ph and once you get that dialed back in she should be fine.

1 Like

I think so, too. And it’s only in the older growth, so she should recover pretty quickly.

1 Like