Closet/Frigidank™ perpetual grow

Looking good my friend :+1:

2 Likes

I made space in the closet on the second shelf for clones and seedlings. But for now, Chilli has been tied down and moved up to that shelf.

As soon as I harvest and dry the White Widow, Chilli will be taking its spot in the Frigidank™.

At day 49, she’s looking more plump by the day. She got ph adjusted water only again today.

Almost there! I hope everyone is doing well today. Happy gardening.

8 Likes

It turned out to be a very productive day in the garden. I relocated the exhaust fan and carbon filter to the outside, on top of the flower box, which allowed another 10-12" of height adjustment for the lights.

I covered the noisy fan and filter with a comforter, loosely around the filter so everything can breathe, and got all my tools and other junk I store up there back in place.

I fired everything back up, and it’s actually even more quiet set up this way. The filter acts as a muffler for the “whooshing” air exhausting into the room. There is a lot less duct work, less bends, and so far the temperatures seem to be around the same, maybe a degree or two warmer, but I have room for that.

And thennnn, I raised the lights, fired them back up on full spectrum, and I have PLENTY of room, lights to canopy, now! She’s got 10 hours a day for another 4 or 5 days under full spectrum, should finish up nicely. Sitting here smoking, admiring, looking for more room for improvement, I decided to suspend the intake fans from bungee cords to quiet them down a little, too.

But I’m super stoaked to get some Lemon Skunk flowering. I made a few more adjustments in the closet to get the lights closer.

I don’t have a ton of days where I feel up to doing a whole hell of a lot, and when I do I try to make the most of it. :v:

9 Likes

Forgot this:

Getting better at that! :wink:

10 Likes

Looks good and the plants look good :+1::v:

2 Likes

Nice setup. That looks really well done.

1 Like

I’m trying to get everything ready for harvest. I had Billie Jean out of the box to do some rerouting, rearranging, etc. I decided to let Chilli check out her new apartment. She’ll be moving in early next week, maybe sooner, but I’ll get to that.

Like a glove. Once the scrog screen is restrung, I’m sure she will fill it out nicely.

Chilli and Left Eye both got fed today, so they’re looking a little droopy, and I got some of Chilli’s leaves into the fans in the box (doh!), but I want to show how the middle of Chilli is filling out after bondage:

My plan is this, and I’d like everyone’s opinion: to cut the White Widow down Saturday. She got her final flush watering today, and runoff was 6.8 (after 4 straight ph’d water feedings), which I’m calling a win. When the lights go out tomorrow night, she’ll be in the dark until Saturday morning, and then I’ll cut her down whole. I plan to then cut her up just enough (2, maybe 3 big pieces) to fit in a five-gallon bucket for a wash/rinse before hanging on this rack, the leftovers from the freezer drawer and some string.

For this portion, the intake fans will be turned off, and the exhaust alone will create a draft without a breeze directly on the plant.

Once the remaining fan leaves have dried, and the buds feel slightly “crunchy,” I’ll do my trimming and then finish drying in either this box or a paper bag.

Either will fit nicely above the lights like this, so it will stay dark, cool (this is right where the exhaust is sucking out, and I’m able to direct the sucking somewhat, to avoid vacuum drying lol), and with the box/bag closed up, it should keep the rh slightly higher than the 35% average in the grow space, at the very least. Hopefully closer to 50%. And since I’ll have hopefully have a fresh vegged lemon skunk going in, it and a couple jars of water should bring the rh up to something more conducive to drying slowly.

I’m not in a huge rush, but I would like to keep things moving as quickly at possibly to have as little need for the dispensary as possible as soon as possible. But my main reason for wanting to dry this way is to get Chilli started flowering, while still utilizing smell control built into the box to dry Billie Jean, and to slow the drying process without slowing the growing process.

I feel like I’ve covered all the bases, unless it doesn’t all fit in the diaper box or a bag (wishful thinking). Let me know what y’all think. Happy gardening!

7 Likes

7 Likes

Sounds like a plan if everything follows suit!

1 Like

At least I shouldn’t have to worry about mold! Too dry, or too dry too fast sucks, but too wet is a much bigger problem.

3 Likes

I gave my wife a list of things to pick up from Target. This was not on the list, but it is my favorite.

9 Likes

She also got me another fan to help out in the closet. I feel pretty accomplished these past couple days! :v:

7 Likes

Looks good my friend :v:

1 Like

It’s technically harvest day, but I’m gonna sleep first. I celebrated a more or less successful grow by spoiling myself. Picked up this bad boy:

18" “The Heavy Hitter” with a Quantum Sci bowl and showerhead downstem. I can’t stop laughing. This thing is ridiculous, compared to the little beaker I was using before. I use less bud, it hits smoother, stacks up better…and oh wow when I cleared it the first time. Sooooo nice. About a gram in on some Sour Banana Sherbet, I’m chillin, listening to old school DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince. Life is good.

Anyway, Billie Jean is in the dark still. I took a peek earlier, and she’s cannibalizing herself nicely, and smells fantastic even if a little faint. I suspect she’ll stank up while curing. I have everything setup for tomorrow, first thing. Wish me luck! Happy gardening! :v:

6 Likes

Dang there we go man. Nice piece :+1:

1 Like

Got her chopped, washed, hung up to dry, and I got the box, closet, and all the fans and whatnot cleaned up.

The roots looked pretty good. And I discovered a 3 gallon smart pot fits right over a 5 gallon bucket, for washing and hanging dry.

I was able to get the humidity and temperature in a more happy place for drying, mid 70s, 45-55% rh, so I went ahead and cut her up into more branches since I’m not so worried about drying too fast. What’s even better is the weather forecast shows 50% rh through Sunday, so as luck would have it, I should be golden. Happy gardening! :v:

8 Likes

I’ve been wondering how to wash these effectively and there it is. Thanks for the idea :v:

2 Likes

Out of likes @elheffe702 I love this.

1 Like

For the pot, I soaked it in the bucket in almost boiling water and vinegar, about 1 to 1. Then, once it cooled enough, I agitated and scrubbed it with my hands, then rinsed. Repeated this three times, and it looks like a new pot.

2 Likes

Awesome thanks I was planning on sfrubbing and soaking it in hot water with peroxide and call it good after a bath or 2

2 Likes