Closet/Frigidank™ perpetual grow

I peeked in on Betty, asked “how’s it going?”

She replied “swell.”

11 Likes

Soon.

On top of everything else were going through, now I’ve got a cold lol! No matter what happens, you can always start over.

18 Likes

Simply beautiful bud. Keep that one in your trophy case, too nice to smoke.

1 Like

You’re too kind, thank you.

Nice colors my friend :v::+1:

2 Likes

I’m finishing up harvesting Betty. I’ll make a full update once I’m done shuffling everyone.

Mostly popcorn, as expected. Thanks to the cat for the FIMs :tired_face:

2 Likes

Ah that’s a bummer she was beautiful. Hopefully she makes up for the low amount with some crazy good smoke.

1 Like

I got the lights down to only about 8", so even the small stuff is pretty dense. There are some good buds there, but I think it’ll be decent regardless of size. Good genetics have made up for most of my ineptness :joy:

So the garden goes like this, now: the grape tomato plant is still plugging along.

We’ve sampled a couple already, and they’re pretty dang good, even if slightly small. They’ll do better in the sun. I can’t wait to have more space! I’m considering an aquaponics setup, with everything for a meal: catfish, tilapia, and some goldfish and others for algae control, then I want to grow a variety of veggies, possibly some dwarf citrus trees, and microgreens/herbs. Then I want to power all the pumps and whatnot with an uninterrupted solar/battery setup. I want to try to use geothermal heating/cooling, tap into a natural spring or something, and then all I have to buy is fish food :thinking: I could get that on Amazon, and then I wouldn’t have to deal with anyone at all! I’m only kidding. Mostly.

Pepsi (Lemon Skunk) got some supercropping and her own apartment:

Lucky (Double Tangie Banana) is in her own space, too, for now. I may hold off on starting anything else to avoid trying to move plants. Not sure yet.

Scully (Head Cheese) got trimmed, trained, supercropped, and flipped to 12/12 in her own space:

And Angie (Double Tangie Banana) gets the Frigidank™. We now return you to your regularly-scheduled scrogging:

Angie isn’t too happy with me right now. I brok…I mean supercropped a few tops getting her in there. She’ll perk back up. And as soon as she does, I’ll commence to lowering the lights and getting going on making colas the size of the bananas in her name :crazy_face: She’s on week 3 out of 9 or so.

Betty turned out alright, I’m just bugged about the size of the itty bitty hash committee I didn’t prune from below.

I’ll get a weight when I’m jarring it once it dries, but I’m guessing under 2 ounces. Oh well, I’m learning still.

I hope you’re all doing good, feeling good, and living good. We just get the one life. Don’t let it get away!

14 Likes

Aquaponics is fun man. My setup is running 24/7 now that the roots are used to the constant wet. 10 goldfish so far but am looking at some koi as they clean shit from the pond. How big are you going?

3 Likes

No clue. It depends on the space I have to work with. We’re moving soon, just not sure where yet.

I like the idea…I just wish it were cheaper to be self sufficient like that. Lol

2 Likes
5 Likes

Betty was one good looking lady. Dont be a size king here… ill tap that :drooling_face::wink:. Now on to bigger and better buds… very nice updates tho. I think Scully is gonna be a friking monster too just like Angie

1 Like

Betty dried for 5 days, and yielded only 38 grams of Lemon Skunk buds. I had a taste of some shake, topped off with a healthy amount of kief…BAM! Emeril would be proud. It’s harsh, of course, until it’s cured (burping it now). But the potency is definitely there, on par with her…aunt? Yeah, Chilli. I think. Anyway, the lemon flavor is there already, as is the uplifting, evry-little-ting-gonna-be-alright head high. It’s literally all popcorn, but it’s good meds, and it fills my heart with pride. Every grow is valuable, even if mostly for knowledge and not much yield :+1:

Maters are poppin. I’m forcing the plant to finish up, for one less thing to move…wherever that may be :confounded: :man_shrugging:

Pepsi (Lemon Skunk clone) got squeezed, bent over, and tied down.

Lucky (Double Tangie Banana clone) is filling in nice, and I think I’ll leave her be for now.

Scully (Head Cheese) is really taking off and beginning her stretch.

And Angie (Double Tangie Banana) is two weeks in, starting week three. I should be about done tucking. She should go another 6-7 weeks. She just got fed and has a split trunk from maybe a month ago. This seems like a finicky strain, but it could just be these genetics. Or my gorilla grip.

She just doesn’t look happy, and never has had that thrilled to be alive look. This morning, runoff was 1250ppm (right about what I was shooting for), and on the high end at 6.8 pH. Maybe it’s just the pH, but it has very gradually swung to there, and she’s looked about the same all along. I’ll swing it back. I always let the soil dry to a few knuckles deep to make sure I’m not overwatering her. She smells fanfrickintastic. Almost overpoweringly, like burn your eyes, citrus in the morning before most of it burns off. Even right before lights out, she’s pretty funky. Those droopy leaves in the photo are about the worst they get, but they never really “pray” or even stand out straight. Maybe she’s just melancholy by nature. I’ll nurture. :v:

13 Likes

I’m still out of likes for some reason but they look good. I really thought Betty was going to produce more than that but still over an ounce and a quarter is better than nothing. The cherry tomatoes look yummy. Although angie might not look great in your eyes she still a lovely plant that seems to be chugging along.

PS I hope you’re doing well.

2 Likes

I’d venture to say it’s the ph being a little high for that strains liking. Everything’s looking great amigo :v:

1 Like

Thanks for that! :+1:

1 Like

Just a quick update…
Pepsi:

Lucky:

I stolt a light fixture from Pepsi for Scully, and added a 23 watt 2700k CFL to the two 23 watt 4000k LEDs that were already on her, for a grand total of 69 watts of ghetto :+1: She’s on day 10 of 12/12, starting to stretch out:

And last but not least, Angie. She got flushed today, and those droopy leaves truly don’t look much worse than before the flush. She’s still upset from the accidental split and the move. I’m pretty sure I have it under control. I think she’s forgiven me. Her pistils are standing out again, and I expect to see her take off now. She’s at day 32 of 12/12:

11 Likes

That’s not ghetto that’s southern engineering. Just goes to show that anything is possible with time and effort… and maybe a little trial and error thrown in lol.

And they look great.

4 Likes

Thanks! The closet, as a whole, was just to get a perpetual grow going as cheap as possible. It’s also allowed me to get more experience, faster. Most of this is trial and error, and that’s most of the fun of it, to me. Although I’d take heavy yields over a learning experience every time :joy:

5 Likes