Closet/Frigidank™ perpetual grow

My closet is 22" wide, not quite a 2 x 2. By the time Betty finishes, I’ll have Scully spread out and ready to flip. It depends if Angie stretches a bunch and needs the freezer’s extra height, but I’d like to scrog Scully if I can.

You can DO IT!!!

1 Like

So ima go back over the construction when i get off. But what size fridge u running? Deep freezer style?

Over here!!! (Hate clittering others forums and it feels like i do @WonkaMan like twice a week now)

2 Likes

It’s a tiny, 14 cubic foot upright. I literally cut everything out so it’s just the box. I’ve seen it done with everything from a mini fridge to a chest freezer. It was just nice to have the sealed, light proof box to start with, and cheaper for me lol

The closet was an afterthought, but ironically, it’s almost the same footprint.

1 Like

Nice! Ill measure it uo once i get off. Howd u strip her? Just a saw? :joy: n that brightness for height thing may work… 35 watts per sq ft. Is 2 strips tuned up a bit. But if i could fit 3 would it be ‘worth it’? Should i poke the light doctor?

Try to find one that’s got a bad compressor or a leak in the sealed system somewhere, so you don’t have to deal with the refrigerant. But other than that, you can literally just gut it. Depending on the style, you might be able to utilize a fan or two, but they’re really inefficient unless dc, which you don’t want to bother with most likely.

2 Likes

Thanks. Will get to planning and poke u when i need ya. :+1:t5::+1:t5:

2 Likes

Frigidank 2.0™, coming up! Lol

1 Like

Lmao. Outta likes for 15 hours… that sucks. I may not be around much. So much love to give

1 Like

If you were in oklahoma I have one I’m about to have hauled off. Lol it’s sitting in my spot my grow room will be. It doesn’t work but I planned on using the room to grow. Mostly because bending over sucks and in the room I can use my mechanics stool to work down low.

FedEx it on over to the Sip. It wont be much higher then buying a new fridge :joy::rofl::joy:

But i have 2 mini fridges (one works one dont) n 2 big fridges (one getting tossd for an upgrade this winter) so options

1 Like

Hahaha yeah shipping is out… hell gas prices alone make that a no go lol.

No worries, @PurpNGold74. A little lively chatter is always welcomed on journal!

Seems to be the consensus but just good ole southern hospitality i guess… always been brash and kinda dimwitted when it comes fo others… ‘personal space’. My family is full of huggers and talkers. Nothing is off subject or too… taboo? To talk about. No matter how upsetting.

4 Likes

You’re welcome at my place :+1:

I got the measurements. All came in under 50mm so those 580s wont fit… think bending them slightly at the end will damage the diodes? :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, probably. But if I remember right, there’s a Samsung board that fits just right.

Ive already gotten EB 580’s :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: just coming up with uses for them. 9 will hopefully constitute my main light. Maybe 3-4 for a seedling-sprout area (was intentions for Frigidank 2.0) and still plotting the others. Have 20 total tho. So 7-8 left to ponder.

Have you measured them, are they exactly
580mm?

1 Like

Haha… u know… i havent. Lemme do that. - 56cm