Cloning with aloe Vera

As long as you got some in the stem it should work. It has for me. Also I read that raw coco water is good for seed germination, I haven’t tried but I think you asked, I will do some research and get you the water to coco ratio. Let her rest tonight and check her out in the morning.

3 Likes

This clone was a little slower than others

it’s just showing it new growth it’s been there since May 3 it’s been 20 days and just started showing new growth. Patience my friend, we will get thru this,have a great afternoon.

8 Likes

Good morning everyone, there is signs of new growth

So what I do whe I see new growth is help it out by feeding them coco water. Coco water has cytokinins hormones that signal the plant to divide cells in the roots and have explosive root growth. @Rick3 it also has gibberellic acid which increases germination of seed and root development in cuttings(clones)
It also has a great source of calcium, magnesium and other minerals needed by the plant.
I dilute raw coco water about 12.5 ml ( 2 1/2 tsp)per quart of R.O. Water or rainwater , also I premeasure coco water and freeze in ice cube trays for further use. Have a wonderful day eveyone!!

11 Likes

Wanna do some clones badly, but nowhere to put them. all my extra power is used up by tent. In 70s mobile home & not enough power for another tent.

2 Likes

It won’t be much power you use, the light I got is a 12 watt led, after I get the roots established, I’m Gona vegg them outside for 2 months, by that time my room will be ready for them. Good luck

4 Likes

Cant go outside due to hubbys paranoia issues. ive got a 12 watt led for seedling, would it work & how long could they survive in this state? A 18/6 lighting?

1 Like

Yes they can, I’ve had them under cfls for a month with no worries, I Just got my led but I think they should be fine. @dbrn32 should be able to give us more info on leds and cloning. I actually have to use different light schedules for my outdoor clones, our max sunlight hours would be July 10 13 hrs and 41 mins. and declines from tat date. I’ve made the mistake once putting clones that had been on a 18/6 scheduleand the started flowering instantly.

3 Likes

Forgot to add I keep my clones on a 13 /11 schedule if I plan to use outdoors and 18/6 if I plan to use indoors

2 Likes

@Mrcrabs @Laurap I have used leds about the same power level before over the top of my clone dome without issue. It was a diy and probably little higher efficacy, but you should be ok as long as light is predominantly blue wavelengths. If it’s a lot of red will still likely work, but I think they’ll start to stretch pretty quickly after rooting.

18/6 should be fine, but I have always used 24 hours light for rooting, and then dropped to 18/6 for vegging.

5 Likes

Thanks you for the explanation, I haven’t had any issues and have actually raised my clones closer to led. There lovin it, was just a little scared at first since I have never used them before.

7 Likes

@Mrcrabs
Getting them out of sun sure Helped
Look’s like couple bad leafs but has new growth

5 Likes

They should bunch back mate be patient @Rick3 :crossed_fingers:.

2 Likes

All I got is time,LOL
Will be my first clone’s that lived

3 Likes

Awsome buddy, like @Johnzy81 said give it time.

3 Likes

Gonna Try this Method on a Rose bush,Been around for 30yrs,no one can grow any thing from it,
Even my Green Thumb neighbor can’t get a clone from it

3 Likes

Really can’t blame your buddy’s concerns, but it would’ve been nice to see what you have out there.

Better safe than sorry…

2 Likes

He holds the key to the entrance of the levy system, which belongs to his family, I go help him every now and then on metal work around the farm and in return I have special access to untouched land and irrigation water from the his canal. Only Border Patrol and farmer hold that key, they have seen me so in no threat, they looking for the people crossing illegals.Not plants but he’s parinod and I respect his wishes, wouldn’t want to lose a life time friendship over a pic. Im not growing trees nothing spectacular this year just testing new spot, I will get you a pic once I have the harvest at my home

7 Likes

I was sure you would show off your share of the haul! Lol

1 Like

For sure my friend, I’m having to water every day now, got into the 100’s today., one day hopefully we all can share more than pics.

4 Likes

I look forward to that day!

2 Likes