Cloning with aloe Vera

Awesome… I’m glad I could be of assistance…:dash::dash:

2 Likes

@Mrcrabs
Smells like :fire: brother, skunkalicious :green_heart:

1 Like

Bet… she looks beautiful…

1 Like

That’s not too bad, the roots are already half way down the cup - some are poking out of the mid-side holes I drilled… sharp little roots! I wanted to flip the main ladies I have in 2 weeks, but it sounds like if I hold out a month, it might be possible to flip the clones too… Clones were clipped and put in plugs weeks ago, put in cups on the 23rd (8 days ago) rooted quick in the plugs (started out with plugs). Been fighting cal/mag issues With the main ladies, cracked the seeds June 1st lol, I’m ready for flower. These clones were just an experiment… so for real, thanks again everyone!!!

3 Likes

@Mrcrabs - new member, I tried to find the post you about cloning and then delaying clone growth until you had room. How’d you accomplish that? Still scrolling through all the posts, but thought I’d be that guy and ask lol… awesome post btw.

1 Like

@Keetz… thanks buddy… I leave them In one gal pots… it’s just extra work watering more frequently… and adding high nitrogen top feed … that should do the trick

1 Like

Glad the clones worked out.
If you have room for them in the tent now…You’ll have room down the road…why not flip what’s in there now and in a couple or 4 weeks then move them into the flower tent? Just a thought. I have 2 tents and one has been in constant flower and when I harvest one and room opens up I’ll move more from Veg into flower tent. Been harvesting one or two every few weeks while I have clones in closet and when bigger they get moved into veg tent and so on.
Up to you but I usually let clones get well established root wise and up pot them either into 1 gal or final pots depending on available room etc.
Just don’t let them get too tall before flowering.

2 Likes

Thanks! @Mrcrabs @Skydiver. Sounds like you have an assembly line going!! I do have a spare small tent, may just use that for curing after flowering the current ones(need to read up on drying and curing as well, one step at a time). I never thought to have plants in multiple stages of flowering in the same tent lol, the possibilities!!

1 Like

Just discovered roots sticking out of the bottom of 2 of the cups! Shocked at how fast they’ve rooted… new growth and leaves still looking solid. might be able to transplant in a week!

3 Likes

Just gave it a go myself. Had a aloe plant around and just started with photos and have a fast growing purple kush I decided to try. I stuck the stalk through a peace of aloe and put in in wet dirt. 2 weeks and 4 for 4 took roots.

7 Likes

So you cut, or sliced, the Aloe leaf and stuck the branch in it and stuck in dirt. That’s it? I wonder if it would work for Autos as well

1 Like

i did an auto clone. it finished up 12 in tall with a tiny harvest. i did it to see if it could be done. the clones finish fast like the mother plant

But it can be done, good to know

1 Like

I also squeezed the remaining juice out of the blade of aloe into the soil plug, mix aloe juice into the water used for watering as well. Thanks to @Mrcrabs and @Skydiver!!

1 Like

I am growing a bunch of it as well, will try soon

Just stick it in a chunk with a little stem hanging out then put in soil and keep moist and humid.

1 Like

I will thanks

10 days later and they are ready to throw in the flower tent while I got the room.

7 Likes

Sweeet… great job my friend

1 Like

That’s a very good idea. I know it’s a old post. No I have thought about plants like that. I have even wandered if honey would work. Good post.