Cloning with aloe Vera

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: i have a monstercropping still trying to reveg it now. Good to know tho! She has been cut about a week now

2 Likes

I’m considering trying one. I have a lemon skunk clone about 3-4 weeks in, and there’s a straggler that’s right between too short to be worth much and ahhhh she’ll make it to the canopy, that would make a good one.

1 Like

I actually spotted a couple stems woth great clone potential on my berry auto. I just want to attempt it to be attempting. But that would be such a waste. Maybe j can clone her n let it flower alone. May yeild a bit more :man_shrugging:t5::man_shrugging:t5:

4 Likes

That’s exactly what I was going to do. Just to do it, and see.

1 Like

Please don’t clone the auto. It will produce more left on the plant.

5 Likes

Just was temptd. I shall refrain lol

2 Likes

Yesterday was “JEFF! pay attention, some of these plants are autos” day lol

2 Likes

Heres my clones all grown up gettin ready to flip the switch on the 1st of oct.!

IMG_0507|374x500 IMG_0506|666x500 I kept this one in a one gal. pot (experimental) just for you @Laurap, so, yes it’s possible to clone, delay there growth and use clones when ready. Most of these clones where delayed due to lack of room indoors. .

14 Likes

Even when you don’t give us any new tips and tricks, @Mrcrabs, your pictures are inspiring!

5 Likes

Thank you my friend. I’m glad you wre inspired

1 Like

Do you cut the tips off your leaves ?
May be stupid question, newbie here and am curious to know why?

1 Like

Whats up mrcrabs hows life treatin ya?

2 Likes

Hey what’s your method for germination of seeds… because my 2 decades + of doing the same 2 ways is currently not working and I’m losing a ton of money, I normally do paper towel Ziploc after 48 hours in water , but that’s not working, or I do just cup of water 3-6 days and ready to go… all the feminized I ordered are growing and germinate as they should , but every strain I got that’s not feminized either won’t germinate at all, or if it does get a tap room they don’t grow, but the feminized from same company msnl grow great, as well as and feminized, but msnl reg seeds I’m at a 80% loss because I can’t get them to germinate, please help me if you know of any tricks

How do i identify aloe?

I bought this at a grocery store. Is it the right plant?

3 Likes

Sorry, just getting back home, I couldn’t respond due to lack of internet at job site. @nissan720cruiser13. Yes it trimm some of the leaves, @Dr.DankThumb420 hey buddy it’s been a while I’ve been out town working feels good to be back home my friend.

2 Likes

It looks like aloe, there are many different types aloe. They all contain salicylic acid in the gel, that’s what helps with the cloning my friend looks like your good @basementstealth

1 Like

can i split a leaf four way longways slip a fresh cut clone in there and then wrap it up?

I’ve never done it that way before, I just smear some aloe goo on the end of my clone and stick it straight into soil, I’ve had great results.

1 Like

And you trim leaf tips? Water as usual?

Trimming leaves allows plant to retain moisture and concentrate on making roots, my friend @basementstealth and I like keeping soil moist but not to wet. After your first successful cloning attempt it becomes a thing of second nature, good luck my friend.

3 Likes