Cloning with aloe Vera

You welcome my friend @Drillbit

1 Like

I’m wondering if anyone has ever tried a little peroxide with the @MattyBear method? Just had a thought that if the bubble bucket worked so well, that peroxide may serve the same purpose.

3 Likes

I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt to replace the water frequently or add a drop of hydrogen peroxide to the cup every day or so to add more oxygen to the water. I like it @Drillbit :v:

5 Likes

All clones have been outside in 1 gallon pots , today was there first feeding, pond water at 250 ppms

12 Likes

My last two clones, some take longer then other just look at the dates, my runts

9 Likes

Grow baby grow!

2 Likes

It’s all a success mate brilliant stuff my friend :v:.

2 Likes

Thank you guys @Johnzy81 @Laurap, I will post these runts in the future, let’s see them grow

2 Likes

I wonder about using aloe goop on broken or cracked branches now… Great read by the way. I’m gonna have to give the cloning a shot.

3 Likes

@Stoneythetiger420, it should work great, aloe has lots of healing properties

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. Honestly though, I usually use masking tape and leave her alone. Never any problems aside from healing time. Maybe it will speed up that process.

2 Likes

That’s should work, I like electrical tape, its stretchable

1 Like

She’s ready for a new home

14 Likes

@29crankOver

@Mrcrabs, Question; did you plant the whole plug of aloe with your cutting sticking out or did you just push the cutting into it then remove it?

1 Like

@Drillbit, I just stick it into the aloe Vera and straight into the potting mix, then you can store the aloe back into the freezer and reuse, good luck my friend

2 Likes

Oh so you shove it into the aloe vera just to get the gel on it, then put the cutting straight into the soil. I was confused. Lol. I thought you used the plug of aloe as kinda like a peat pellet and bury the whole thing.

2 Likes

Right on my friend, just the goo, no need to bury the aloe, Any questions just let me know, hope it works out

4 Likes

Will do, just purchased an aloe plant this afternoon. Gonna try to do a clone or two from my outdoor plant. Tried 2 of them already but not having success. But I’m also using a rooting powder that’s probably 10+ years old too. I think it’s lost its magic. :mage:t3: Lol

1 Like

Awesome, just remember to keep soil moist not wet, I’ll be here if anything my friend

4 Likes