Cloning during bloom?

Does it make a difference when you take cuttings for cloning? Is it better during vegetative than bloom cycle? Seeds aren’t cheap!

2 Likes

Best to do in veg but can be done anytime.

5 Likes

Cuttings from a flowering plant is called monster cropping. You can read up on it as it is a good technique, but it takes time.

I wouldn’t do it with an auto, if that is what you have.

1 Like

My second grow and it’s chocolope feminized about 3-4 weeks into bloom.

1 Like

Go for it. They will root, just not as quick as a veg plant in my experience.

2 Likes

The different is that during flower the plant has to reveg a lot of energy and time goes to that instead just roots and vegetative growth

2 Likes

All of the above is true, but a properly done monster cropped clone will often outdo the parent plant in growth and yield.

7 Likes

Agreed, the node spacing gets closer in my experience with monster cropping. :wink:

1 Like

U can clone anytime u choose, but it’s best done n the vegetative state. Monster cropping will produce a bigger n better yield. But it takes time n patience for the clone to reveg. n reroot. U didn’t say what ur cloning from, regular seeds r the best, feminized seeds have a chance of herming, so :eyes:keep n eye on’em. Autos aren’t my thing, so I know nothing, on how that will work. Seeds ain’t cheap that’s fer sure so kudos, u never know unless u give it a go.:+1::+1::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::alien:

Firm believer in cloning… farther into flower the longer it will take for clone to reveg and gain headway in the veg stage…first couple leaves that grow from a flowered clone will look strange… perfectly normal before you start getting 3 point leaves… they will be 1 finger and then turn 3 fingered and rounded edges then 3 finger points will come next

1 Like