Clones not doing well

Any thoughts on this clone? Tried Root Riot cubes took 21 days under the dome, finally rooted.
Transplanted 3 days ago into Grodan
Started synthetic nutrient feeding, one feeding so far. Using the same recepie I have used for a year ±
Have a number of clones showing the same symptom some better, some worse…

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Hi, sorry I’ll provide more info, it was late last night! See my answers below your questions. Thank you very much for your help.

Please do I can help with more info and my pleasure

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA = 202 OG clones taken from the Mother 23 days ago

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? = Grodan

System type? = Drain to waist

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? PH range 5.8-6.0 reservoir system with manual feeding

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS = TDS following my usual nutrient mix, haven’t measured TDS, will do tonight

Indoor or Outdoor = Indoor

Light system, size? = Currently under a (4) light T5 fixture 40” above the canopy

Temps; Day, Night = Average 70º - 76º

Humidity; Day, Night = Average 40 - 50%

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size = Yes, 3 ton central air system, fans on all (4) walls

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, = Yes

Co2; Yes, No = Yes, average 1200 pp

Cut these clones a little higher than I should have, they were touching the tops of the domes. Once they all rooted I took the domes off for 10 - 20 minutes each day to give them some fresh air. By the time the slower cuts rooted (20) days later the tops were liming out, then once transplanted they continued to get worse.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Majiktoker http://support.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/users/majiktoker ILGM Grow Mentor
February 8
Please do I can help with more info and my pleasure

Visit Topic http://support.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/t/clones-not-doing-well/9029/4 or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

harvy http://support.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/users/harvy
February 8
Hi, sorry I’ll provide more info, it was late last night! See my answers below your questions. Thank you very much for your help.
Visit Topic http://support.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/t/clones-not-doing-well/9029/4 or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here http://support.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/email/unsubscribe/6d12cceebb69d17c82ff0788447f31ec0d2e7d021fa63a7aa3fcdf4c99223ced.

To me it sounds like they should be Foliar sprayed with cal mag, also liming in color from center out these little fellas are having a sulfur deficiency, hope they are getting to much water at the base either.

You can add a tiny bit of epsom salt to a gallon 1/4 tsp in the gallon and give each plant a slight amount that will help with sulfur and magnesium

Also not to familiar with your medium i apologize for this but can you maybe shed some light on this and explain a tiny bit what it is

It’s a soiless medium I am checking the internet site right now @Majiktoker :wink:

rooting clones in grodan with T5 light at 40 inches? I’m thinking 12 inches, may be why they stretched to top of dome.

An important question @harvy, I notice you’re using the grodan system and it should be in an irrigation technic. My question his did you have individual approvisation for each pot from the main reservoir. It’s very important because if you have a one way delivery system passing from a pot to pot you gone a have nutrients problem from just the right amount to not enough nutrients. It’s not recommand to water hand grodan medium, it should be a drop by drop system, it’s not design for hand watering … Your plant shows multiple deficiencies and a bad irrigation is mostly the problem here.(too much watering and not enough watering, too much nutrients and not enough of them and PH swing is most probably present). And if you have tubular feeding, check for kink or clog in them.

Hoping that’s helping you harvy, if you have any questions, do not hesitate :grinning:

~Al :innocent::v:

What ratio of Cal Mag to water would you recommend? I’ll add the epsom salt on Friday’s feeding. Last nights feeding = res ph 5.8 ppm 1020, runoff ph 6.4 ppm 1040.

Here’s a good link on Grodan, it’s a soiless growing medium. Have used this by it’s self and also mixed with Coco when I transplant into larger pots. Always start in one gallon pots with this medium. This clone cycle I tired Root Riot cubes to start the cuts. I believe I took them taller than I should have and the growth tips were touching or even too close to the tops of the domes and caused this issue.
Thoughts?

Started with the fixture closer, although was having some heat issues. I had to move the fixture farther away from the domes. The fixture has (4) bulbs and I removed (2) to get the cuts started and added (1) bulb per week.

Using epsom salt water use at 1/4 strength at this point your after the calcium

I think that is also very likely as you dont want the clones touching any thing that covers them because in terms it would suffocate them

Each cut was recently transplanted from the domes into seporate one gallon pots with Grodan. All of the pots are positioned on one 4 x 8 tray. The res is filled and nutrients are added separately and the pump recirculates the mix prior to feeding. I use that pump with a hose attachment to feed each pot, those pots drain to the table and then drains out of the tray.

So you do not have a drop by drop system and you’re hand feeding them and each every watering you have runoff to the drain and to the tray, and it’s the problem my friend, if you want to stay with Grodan medium, you should invest in a drop by drop system, you only have to buy some splitter and tubular in consideration on how many pot you have ( you can buy it in roll) and length for your need (add 15 % for the marge of error) and drop by drop nosel for each pot.

Like I previously said, Grodan medium are made and think for a drop by drop system, it not react well to hand watering/feeding, it simply not design for this. You gone a have nutrients and PH swing otherwise.

Like @Majiktoker mention, for now, the only thing you can do it’s foliar spray the ones who show sign of deficiency with Cal-Mag or epsom salt in a recommand dilution in the waiting for upgrade of your system.

Hoping that’s helping you @harvy, and as always, do not hesitate if you have any questions :grinning:

~Al :innocent: :v:

@harvy

You stated your T5 fixture has four bulbs.
The 6500 K, blue bulbs will produce some heat.
Add 2 Red bulbs, between 2-3000 K into your lighting fixture.
I place mine on the outsides of the fixture. They don’t produce hardly any heat at all, and the red promotes root growth.
And, keep your light between 8 and 12 inches above the plants.

Thanks for the input Niala, appriciate your knowledge. I’ll look into another growing medium for my next run. Thanks Traumamedic for the tip as well.

You’re welcome @harvy it’s always a pleasure to help fellow grower :grinning: :innocent: :v: