Clones are doing…really well?!

Greetings everyone, new member and grower here. Yes you read that title right. Long story short, had a friend who was growing some sad, leggy plants in her window sill, so I decided to take clones off the mother to salvage the strain. I’m honestly shocked at how well it’s doing and how many side branches it’s putting out. How do I keep this momentum going?? For such a small plant, it’s extremely bushy already. LST? Defoliate some of the fan leaves to make room for branches?

6 Likes

welcome to the community! thats a nice looking clone.

I’d let it veg out for a little while longer before starting some LST. and dont defoliate yet.

5 Likes

Thank you, will do! This is my very first grow, so I have my hands full learning to grow from both seed and clone. I’m finding the less you mess with em, the happier they are (which is definitely touch for a first timer like me)

2 Likes

welcome to the community. i have no experience with clones but i believe @Newt does.

2 Likes

Just about all I run. What is the question?

1 Like

Oh, I see! I wouldn’t change anything. Whatever you are doing is working. :wink:

But… I would pinch off the lower growth that is able to reach the soil.

4 Likes

Look great. Welcome aboard. As Newt says you are on cruise control for now. Veg the crap out of her. Clone your prunes. If they take great…if not no loss. She will grow very fast…:slightly_smiling_face: trim that bottom and she will look up intstead of out.

2 Likes

I just keep plucking the biggest fan leafs from the tops so the rest of the plant gets some light to grow along with the top part of the plant. Just remove the big leaves from top and leave it be for a while longer. If u stand above looking down and see a leaf covering a good potential bud site take that leaf off or tuck it out of the way if u can tuck it and it stay tucked.

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome! Greetings from a fellow Army vet o7