Clone to flower

It’s bonus weed either way right?

You betcha! @dbrn32

I made it to almost 11am here with likes anyway.

@dbrn32 I woke up with none. Figure that one out. 30 something more minutes.

Bonus weed is always good! I think I got 5 likes in before I ran out this morning lol

You were up late dumping them like a cashed bowl? Lol

@MattyBear same thing here… I got down on some woodford reserve double oak last and slept in. Figured I had a few to burn, not the case.

1 Like

That sounds tasty! I had some wine with the wife last night and we fell asleep early lol.

Up til a few years ago, about the only wine I ever had was md 20/20 in high school. My wife got on a solid wine kick while we were dating, ended up causing a lot of foggy mornings for me.

I was never a wine drinker until the past year or so. MD 20/20!!! Haven’t heard that in a while lol. One time me and a buddy pounded 2 bottles each in 15 minutes, then I passed out on the phone with my girlfriend at the time. The next day she was like WTF happened to you yesterday lol.

@dbrn32 @MattyBear I usually check the forum before I go to sleep, which might be late for EST standards.

I enjoy a glass of wine. Michigan has lots of craft beer, I enjoy moderately. Never been much of a drinker to begin with. That’s how I ended up being the DD for all my friends.
@dbrn32 this is for you based on your logo, I would rather carry, than drink… that sometimes makes for an interesting moment why I’m not drinking meeting a prospective date for the first time… “aw you can have at least one…” Well actually I can’t.

1 Like

Hey I got a like back! Seattle is known for craft beer. And coffee lol. Don’t forget rain either haha. I pretty much just drink socially now. I’d much rather just smoke a bunch of weed. Nobody can tell when I’m high anyways lol. Except for the first 5 minutes haha

2 Likes

Yep, Seattle is also known for their craft beer and coffee. The rain… southeast still gets more rain, so I would bet it would still seem more normal than here. @MattyBear usually my better half always knows when I eat a cookie or otherwise. I can’t hide it well. Lol

We just get constant rain in smaller amounts and the only semi-dry season is Summer. But our summers are really nice, most of the time.

1 Like

And… I’m out of likes again lol

1 Like

Rains consistently and reliably throughout the year. Summer is still much like fall, with a few days close to 80°…

Heard that brother! Up until recently, no carry here at all. Now that we have it, you still can’t carry in most of the places it makes sense to. Is what it is I suppose. But it’s definitely the reason I do most of my drinking at home. I’m not going to live my life in fear of something bad happening, but I sure as hell ain’t putting myself or family in a defenseless situation either.

It’s a different way of life really. I generally carry a 4” .45 7+1 in condition one. And in most cases there’s a g19 in my wife’s purse. Obviously you hope to never be in that situation, and always try to position yourself where flight is your number one priority. I feel like just the extra awareness you should have when carrying will usually keep you out of harms way. My wife still laughs when we’re out to dinner and I tell her which chair I’m sitting in and where the baby should be in relation to me.

4 Likes

@dbrn32 I’m actually fairly updated on the laws in your state, and thankful you can at least carry there. Vast improvement over what used to be.
The best thing, they offer non-resident permits, even though they don’t like Michigan’s CPL. I probably will get one if I consider visiting Chicago sometime. I might have a G21 in flat dark earth. I used to have more, difficult times. I saved the FDE because I waited so long to find one. I can always get another black one! I agree, I won’t live my life in fear, but I also refuse to be a victim. I saw a life threatening incident unfold in front of me once, where a firearm was used for good, with out a shot fired, and carried everyday I could after that.
I intend to get Mrs. Covertgrower some classes to take. I just want her to be aware. She was actually the first to fire the G21. I was proud of her. I’m not sure if I can convince her to carry though. I don’t want to pressure her too much.

Yeah, mine gets an interesting look as well when we go out to eat… safe town, but old habits die hard. Try organizing 4 kids… lol.

Maybe we should start a topic as not to clog this one? Poor noobs trying to be eduacated, and they get an education in firearms as well. Lol

2 Likes

I’m not sure there’s enough interest here for it’s own topic, but I’m happy to discuss this type of stuff somewhere else. Unfortunately, it seems that too much of society gets wrapped up in the politics of things. You know, because firearms are my first passion I’m a conservative a bible thumper or something lol. Which is definitely far from the truth. I’ve actually been asked how I could like guns and grow weed at the same time. My response to that individual was they spent too much time on Facebook and watching the news. All you have to do is find one thread that security measures are the topic, you’ll see that the majority of growers are like minded with us. Just because I have a safe full of scary black rifles and an 8 year old that can run an m&p-22 like she’s a grown man, doesn’t make me satan right? Well you’d be surprised!

Super cool of your wife! Mine had only shot a gun once prior to us meeting and quickly became a fanatic. It’s a stress coping mechanism for her, but she does claim a small sense of empowerment too. I sent her to nra basic pistol and rifle course so I didn’t really have to deal with her through those stages haha. We can no longer shoot rifles together, she smokes me. But I’m always available to show her how it’s done with the handguns.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 Well, I started the thread, so I guess what I say goes.
You’re probably correct in saying there may not be much interest, but I’m not entirely certain. Politics is the one thing I try to steer away from on here, I’m not here to offend anyone but if you asked me I would share my opinion. I’m certain you have a pretty good idea where I stand, and you’re probably right.
Facebook, the single most polluter of minds along with the “popular” media. I have no words to express the disappointment in the fact they only report half the truth.
Growing weed with guns, being completely honest, I have been really conflicted with this as a new grower, but a lover of firearms and the law. The way I’ve approached this topic as of recent is, as long as I’m responsible and treating cannabis like alcohol and consume while in my own home there shouldn’t be a problem. I also don’t get behind the wheel. All of this is in part of being a responsible citizen.
I really started growing for my migraines and if they help, then why not? Mrs covertgrower can sleep better now also. So I see positive results in both outcomes.
Mrs covertgrower is extremely nervous about the crime rate anywhere but here. There are literally 5 things in the paper sometimes less every two weeks. For a small population to behave themselves accordingly, is remarkable. I would bet the majority of this town is armed. It’s Alaska. But don’t tell the media that… I’m really going to miss the relaxed attitude of firearms. Kids DRAW pictures of firearms on class projects and it’s no big deal. The teachers accept that and no one freaks out.
I think she will catch on the firearm thing as soon as I take her to the gun store and she can point out whatever she wants to shoot. She did enjoy shooting and I think she will catch on quickly. Girls are a good shot.
I’m leaving a great town, but… I may end up back. Never burn your bridges.

2 Likes

Yep, absolutely agree on all accounts! I didn’t cry either time Obama got elected, nor did I cry when trump got elected. Figure that out?! I voted on all occasions, and when on about my business either way. In my opinion, they’re all crooks and fulla crap. When I’m see people complain about the most recent election, I can’t help but think what maybe some better candidates would’ve changed. The hypocrisy from party liners ON BOTH SIDES is nothing short of hysterical. In my opinion, a typical democrat would’ve crushed HRC in a primary. And ultimately won that election. Anyone that didn’t see how that was going to play out was out of touch with modern politics in my opinion. There’s not a doubt in mind that us informed individuals probably crossed party lines more on this last one than in any prior election. You have your Republicans that couldn’t stand the thought of a jackass like Trump being president. And your Democrats that couldn’t stand the thought of that lying witch Clinton winning either. Sadly, there was still poor support for the libertarian party.

4 Likes