Clone not by the book

Okay so five days ago I pulled a small branch from a healthy plant that wasnt getting enough light. Started week five flower. I took said cut and did the 45 degree cut and snipped the ends of the leaves, after trimming excess branches. I was experimenting and have never cloned before :+1: I used a cotton ball for a replacement to rockwool and I didnt treat the cut, I know I know. Stuck that in a small glass and covered it with a plastic container misted and kept at 90-99% humidity at 74-77 degrees. Did that 3 days. Last two days been doing same but cracking the container open at bottom more each day but keeping humidity in the 80’s. My question is what should the environment be at day 6. And what should the progression/process be from here out? Attached is my jankey set up :joy:

2 Likes

looks good. hoping she sprouts roots! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Just keep misting on the leaves top and bottom and I bet it takes.

1 Like

What should I keep my environment at? I have zero experience with clones :joy:

Keep humidity over 80% minimum. Until the roots form, only the leaves can suck in water so the humidity is key. Cutting the fan leaves was solid and the cotton ball is cracking me up but I guess it works lol. It can still clone without root hormone, just may take more time She is a little tall for my liking but it looks damn good so far! Oh and keep her in a warm environment.

1 Like

Good job , temp could be higher…maybe put it on a heating pad @Anonyboii

1 Like

I will bump the heat up for sure. Don’t have a heating pad anymore my pit took care of that lol. Should I eventually start lowering the humidity at some point? Same with temps? Will that be more when or if lol it starts to root?

1 Like

When it roots you can lower the humidity because the plant will now be absorbing water though the roots instead of the leaves.

2 Likes

Exactly what @MAXHeadRoom is saying, humidity could be lower when it starts the root… clones look good, if plant is doing well, not broke, no fixing
Some peeps would put on cable box for the heat, not sure if that would help clone but have read that for seeds in water trying to sprout… just a thought?

1 Like

I have been cracking the done a little more everyday making impossible to keep the humidity high enough for my high end set up :joy: is there a range i should be shooting for in temps and humidity for what is day 6 or 7? Also, how long do i run it covered? Only wants to stay in high 70’s with the lid cracked.

I’ve had it covered with the temp @ 80 degrees and humidity between 65-75% with the cover cracked about 1/2". This is what it looks like this morning after the humidity dropped to 55%. I covered it back all the way and misted the dome. Temps never dropped. Was this the right move? Is it time to uncover it?

does it have roots poking out the cotton ball?

Not that I can see but its so hard to tell. But I dont think it does.

i dont have much experience with clones, but it seems to me you want to keep humidity high until roots develop

1 Like

So this is what she looks like now. Am on on track or does it look like :poop: Humidity is low I think at 35-40% temps are 75-77.

shes growing thatsa good sign. did u ever see root out of the cotton ball?

ive been thinkingabout it and im not sure cotton ball is a good idea. the fibers are really strong and may bind the developing roots and prevent the plant from growing to full potential. just a thought.

shes growing and thats a start. maybe humidity should be kept higher?

1 Like

Actually, I was thinking the same thing about the cotton ball so I took a look. Caught the roots right when they were getting ready to come out the sides of the stem. Threw it in some generic miracle grow and let her fly. I probably won’t transfer into my reg soil since I’m probably gonna send it into flower right away. It was just an experiment to see how hardy these are.

I was thinking the same with the humidity but at the same time I want to see how well these genetics do against adverse conditions because I still have the mom.

ok live and learn. its best not to use any miracle grow products with cannabis, i suppose u less its a seedling soil with little to no nutriente

1 Like

but she looks fine for now so :crossed_fingers:

1 Like