Clone category! Post your cloning methods here :)

Here’s my technique:

Cutting taken during veg, 4 to 5" length cut on, minimum 45° angle, dipped in rooting powder, excess leaf material is trimmed back and placed 2" deep in damp FFOF. This goes in a nursery box with a 300 watt Meizhi suspended above it and tented with a vented baggie and kept damp.

This is a Gold Leaf clone I did with this technique on 3 July.

6 Likes

What spray heads are you using @Precious, I’m thinking of updating my bubble cloner with sprayers on the inside instead.

@crazyots I see what you’ve done there, and I love it!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

@ktreez420 I am sorry I looked and looked and can’t find where I got it. Like $25. and 3 gal Bucket.

Anyone try the clones spray yet?

It says tonsoray the mother before taking the clone and then spray the clone every 2-3 days.
Trying it for the first time now.

1 Like

It’s all good dude I can try and find them now that I know what they look like lol

Doe’s that spin, because it looks like it does and that would be awesome!! Or is it just stationary (the top “blade like” part with the heads on it). And does that little block also suck in the water or do you need an extra pump for that?

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

@ktreez420 Would be cool But no it dose not spin. It is a pump I had the filter off for cleaning.

It dose spray like a rain storm (turn it off before looking in it)
The pump and sprayer sit at the bottom of the bucket I fill it to the bottom of the RED spray heads.
I add Ice pack (Small one) If needed.

2 Likes

@ktreez420… I built one of these , but the problem I had was water temps getting to hot because of the pump … after the 3rd batch of clones dieing I gave up on it… frozen water bottles float and didn’t do anything but get in the way , plus I wasn’t going to try to keep up with swapping them out all the time… :wink:
So I just recently built a dual chamber rdwc with built in chiller cloner thingy witch I believe is going to get the job done and allow me to keep them in there till I want to move them , verses them telling me they have to be moved… :wink:
I will throw up some pics in a couple of days… I have to do alot of reorganizing first… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Since cloning is so easy, I strongly recommend you not buy fancy marketed sprays and what not. If you must use some hormones, just go to Wally’s or any garden center and buy a jar of Schultz rooting powder. Works as good as anything on the market, and is about 3 bucks. Lasts forever.

7 Likes

I’ll take a pik of my new clones and how I am rooting them later tonight.

Another tip is. If you do not have or want to use a dome; Buy MG Leaf shine which is relatively the same as a commercial cloning product called no wilt. Both are kind of waxy and keep the leaves from shriveling. Only for use when rooting cuttings without a dome.

4 Likes

got em off ebay but most building supplies carry some just cheap screw into plastic line like 50 cents to 2 dollars each

1 Like

Def agree with the first statement, as for the second, my local store doesn’t carry powder due to safety concerns

1 Like

How’s this for day 7?

4 Likes

Leaves have perked up inthinknindid my first clone. Picture soon come.

1 Like

@peachfuzz @latewood

5 Likes

After your clones have rooted and been transplanted what is the optimal temp for them?

1 Like

75 degrees lights on, 65 degrees lights off. Watch your humidity doesn’t get below 40%.

4 Likes

I rarely can get my humidity that high and they seem to do fine once rooted but they likely would flourish more at high RH I just prefer they adjust normal enviroment

4 Likes

hey don how you be? high I hope. I went out and bought myself a ez clone machine. it didn’t like me 1 out of 30. I’m trying to clone super skunk seeds. ive used water, soil, rock wool, heat no heat I’m having a very hard time. do you have a fool proof way for me to get where I want to be. HIGH!!!

1 Like

Cut nitrogen 1-2 weeks prior to cloning make sure your lady is mature take cuttings and place in cold water instantly from there trim large fan leaves clipping corners to discourage growth cut through a node at angle. Dip in cloning solution or powder of your choice then Directly into a moistened medium rockwool rapid rooter peat pellet place cutting in a tray with a little water in bottom and cover. Place tray and cuttings in low light warm space and don’t peak leave covered letting a little fresh air in once a day after 4-5 days open vents or cover slightly and leave again for another 2-3 days then open vent fully if medium still has moisture and you see condensation they don’t need more. By about 10 days you should see signs they are rooting but don’t rush let them continue until you are sure they are rooted

7 Likes

New cloning setup. Heat pad, rock wool, and clonex. If this fails then I’ll go to an aerocloner

3 Likes