Clogged air stones

@HappyHydroGrower @peachfuzz @Myfriendis410

Any way to unclog an air stone? Or are they done for?
Asking for an acquaintance, I haven’t had this issue yet.

1 Like

Just thinking out loud here, but do you have a product similar to CLR.

You can use this to unclog shower heads and things like that… so it may work for you. :nerd_face:

I’ll give that a try. Thanks @kaptain3d

1 Like

You just let it soak for a while in that solution and usually it dissolves all the nastiness clogging away… just make sure to rinse thoroughly after use! :nerd_face:

Sounds good.

1 Like

I never let them dry before I get a chance to clean them…
So if I pull them out of the system they go directly into a little bucket of water until I can get to them…
Once I get to them I fill a bucket with super hot water and let them soak for about 30 minutes and then i take a spray nozzle that’s attached to my 150 psi air compressor with a little peice of the same tubing that i run them on and blow all of the crap out of them , smells like the nastiest swamp that you could ever imagine…
I repeat that step 3 times…
Then i do the same thing but this time I use just 3% hydrogen peroxide to soak in and repeat 3 times and then I do the same thing 3 times with good 0 ppm ro water…
Never have any issues and I’ve been using these stones for almost 7 years now…
If for some reason they still smell a little swampy after the 3rd dip in the hydrogen peroxide when blowing the high air pressure through them , let them soak overnight in the hydrogen peroxide and then continue with the rest of the steps…
I would bet that the main problem is letting them dry out with all of the gunk in them before getting a chance to clean them…
Unless they have been cleaned , don’t let them dry out…
@Covertgrower
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes