Clipping at which height

A question from a fellow grower:

How tall should I let plants get before clipping to keep them at that certain height.

Fourth or fifth node before cutting , but after you cut or top , give the plant at least two - five days to recover .

3 Likes

explain node please…

Nodes are each set of leaves that’s spaced between branches . First set of leaves are 3 first node , than second set are 5 leaf fan leaves second node , than 7 third node , than 9 fourth node , and so on , hopefully this make sense ?

3 Likes

the Grand daddy purple looks real healthy (outdoor) and will be ready to top soon, (recommendation) as its been in a felt pot only a week. GDP appears to be a very healthy and has great aromatic properties.

squishy…thanks for the info. I have only one plant in the felt pot and am waiting for wome autos from ILGM. that way I can start to experiment having more in the pots and a quicker turn around time. this grand daddy purple is amazing me at this particular juncture, sticky, gooey, smelly, just like we like them, two months, two feet tall…used fox farm twice now and will see…

2 Likes

I will wait on the auto flowering seeds from ILGM and give it a try. I am new at this so one step at a time. It definitely shows positive results and what a difference. by the way, how do we post pics here??

thx again squishy

1 Like

1 Like

well heck, finally figured the deal out. photo may not be to clear. an outdoor grow and been n the felt pot 62 days. didn’t really do to much but lots of water and sun. Nutrients only added twice to this date. it’s been growing at the rate of 1/2 inch a day. with all of the fabulous advice here iv’e purchased a small jewelers scope and find that everything is still good as far as clear or amber…

2 Likes