Climate control questions

Ive been using a window unit for my ac in my grow room… issue is when its flower time and those buggers start stinkin, you can smell it from the exhaust of the window unit… i got some weird looks from my neighbor the other day… i have a 6 inch exhaust on a charcoal filter running out into my shop. No smell there… ( grow room #1 is a 12x8 area ) so here are my thoughts… im going to purchase a portable AC/Heat unit ( thatll solve my heating problem during the winter ) and i want to run the exhaust through a charcoal filter then out through the floor. I also want to add a fresh air intake into the room as well. Do i need to add an inline booster fan to push the AC exhaust through the filter before it exits? I will also have a fixed drain hose exiting through the floor also. What are your thoughts? Ive already dumped $$ into this grow room. Its insulated all the way around. Same with my second drying closet/secondary small grow space. Im shooting to eventually become nearly hands free to limit exposure. Give me some ideas please.