Clear or Cloudy Not sure

Sorry i know this has been aked before, but i cannot tell if the trichomes are cloudy or clear. I purchased a laupe and still can tell. I attached a couple a pictures from my phone. I would love your input.

PS First time grow!

Thanks.

1 Like

That’s because you need at least 40x magnification to see them.
Hence you will need to invest in a USB microscope (amazon) they are dirt cheap and all the same just grab whatever has a couple reviews and is decent priced.

3 Likes

Got a 30x and 60x loupe. I just can’t tell the difference. Thanks.

I’m with you! I can never tell myself even with magnification. I guess the older I get the smaller my eyes have become. I judge by pistils. 90% amber and turning in on themselves and I just say good to chop. I don’t smoke and so far the family has not complained about the product.

2 Likes

See if you can hold the loupe over your camera lense… you may have to zoom in a pinch so you don’t capture the tunnel as well. But I’m with Nicky, hated the loupe. USB microscope was 19 bucks. Game changer

i just bought a microscope camera… 42 bucks amazing !

2 Likes

Scopes are great. Much better than a loupe, imo. A loupe just doesn’t provide a comparable picture. With a microscope you can see very well. I usually cut off a couple of pieces of bud, take it back to my desk, and set the scope on its stand and get photos. much easier. Here’s an example of what I get from my scope.

2 Likes

They look cloudy to me. No amber yet though

A few more weeks<to me…But it all depends on the high you want…They look good to me man!! smoke out brutha!!

1 Like

iPhone 8+ in front of a loupe….good enough for me but everyone’s eyesight is different

3 Likes

They look cloudy but no Amber Id let it go another week ?

Zooming in your top picture…there seems to be a lot of cloudy and possibly some amber at the very top…also notice either some fox tailing or white pistols in the background….start checking your entire plants buds trichomes you appear to be very close to peak thc

The reason I have always recommended to get a USB microscope (I think some new ones are Bluetooth) is because they take great pictures and have a nice handy zoom/focus function as WL as they snap the picture very easy and that’s key.
When you upload photos here from a scope and they are properly zoomed and focused we can see the correct amount of detail and this allows us to train your eye as to what your looking for.
Like a sativa sample here that tested at a lab for 28%

e

Or a heavy indica I grew here
20201202_132833

4 Likes

Game plan is to flush this week, darken for two days, then harvest.

Bought the laupe, figured that would do the trick. Oh well, seems like the community is leaning towards the microscope. I am close, on day 66 right now. I will flush this week, then darken for two days, then harvest. It will be a total of 10 weeks flowering. First time grow, still learning as I go forward.

1 Like

@rotodad this is the best 26$ I’ve ever spent

3 Likes

I like the loupe for quick inspections regarding bugs and such. But the scope is superior for trichomes.

1 Like

Now that’s flippin awesome :+1:

1 Like

Are these easy to get picture without a stand or stabilizer? Or will these auto focus? I heard mix feeling about these.

A chair would be ideal but I often use it without.
The key is to push the microscope right into the bud and rest it on the bud. While the other hand your holding the stem of the bud. Use your finger to move the zoom in and out which will focus your shot. Soemtiems you need to re adjust a couple times to get a good picture no big deal as you should be checking multiple different buds for a general overview anyways.

1 Like