Clean beginnings amateur hour is over here we go!

It’s time for a new thread , this one will look different than our crops from the past. We have our base systems figured out now it’s time to polish this gem up and work on the research and development end of thins so we can customize a program for each strain and pheno , this is where tissue testing will come in handy. We will also need three soil tests per crop for the strains we want to develop a program for (probably only two at a time).
Of course this will be a no till living soil grow as usual.

9 Likes

One of the major improvements we had to make was getting a solid compost layer and cover crop going and of course a diverse supply of different composts , we are finding the storm cast provides the necessary micros for aggressive growth in cannabis production. We find it works much better than water soluble kelp tho we still use a little a few times a crop.
Stormcast always provides diverse fungal production with lots of different types of mushrooms. The plants just love this stuff and a little goes a long ways , we mix it 50/50 with worm castings when we use it (to amend and transition)

9 Likes

I’m watching sounds like a great grow

2 Likes

Right on welcome aboard!

2 Likes

This one kinda looks like a liberty cap , I wonder if any of these are edible haha

6 Likes

We managed to hit our pre flower amendment just about perfect at 10 days before the flip, the Oregon peach are a prime example in contrast to the sacred sour that was amended a bit later at the 5 day before the flip mark.i will post pics for visual reference after I finish my joints haha

3 Likes

Oregon peach had no issue in transition where amended 10 days before the flip :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

Sacred sour had her amending at the 5 day mark before the flip and had some issues up taking enough micros during transition causing smaller tops and less stacking than possible. She’s recovering well and smelling up the room with wild rose terps

13 Likes

Woot, woot!!! Way to hit the ground running my friend! :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

Set to learning! :nerd_face:

6 Likes

I will be more than happy to share all that is becoming clear , there’s so much solid info out there it’s just humbling ! And so far it has all been shared freely with us and so little of the info is considered sacred and unshareable so why not pass it along in the same spirit!
Get prepared for that stepwell plant if you can still use it outdoor this season! I’ll send you some bells and whistles to pump things up as well ! They have a solid program but will definitely treat you better with a few additional items

5 Likes

I learned about ripening/ feed interaction tonight in a short conversation and video I will post the short version later when I have a CPL hrs off

4 Likes

Set to watching and learning. :yin_yang::palm_tree::sunny::heavy_check_mark:

4 Likes

Set to watch ! Love the frog. :+1::v:

4 Likes

Considering I didn’t understand much of what you said :rofl: just beginning and looks like this is for the serious!! Which I plan to be so I better pay attention I see more new knowledge on they way :+1:

5 Likes

Ok so to sum up the way to achieve uniformity of trichome ripening in a nutshell , cannabis flowers will continue to try to grow new bio mass if fed too much in late flowering , by too much I mean fed much at all ! The requirements during the last 4-5 weeks of flowing drop off drastically usually you will have plenty of most inputs already available in your soil ( hydro still needs to drop ppm to a bare minimal) you will still need to continue with your nitrogen inputs every second week or so depending on the strain also micros will deplete fast so don’t cut them down either.
Continue with all microbial inputs until two weeks before harvest but do not cut your potassium inputs out until the final week of flower but continue to use coconut water thru to harvest week but not for last 4 days.
This will allow for a clean smoke filled with uniformly ripe trichomes.
Now if you want to have larger trichome heads and better Terp production ( who doesn’t) I’ll sum that up after another round of watering haha back shortly!

8 Likes

I should add some minor details , when a plant is producing new trichomes during the ripening stage you will not achieve uniformity of ripeness and will have a product that can possibly give you a headache or less than desirable effects, the idea is to supply enough nutrients to the rhizosphere by mid flower to take you thru the next 2-2.5 weeks then during the ripening stage the plant will stop producing new bio mass/trichomes and will allow trichomes to ripen much more uniformly.
Also don’t look at lab tests as an expense they will pay for themselves in nutrient input savings!

4 Likes

I have a few minutes while my water fills up , ok let’s chat fermented fruit juice , this is an essential in part of the program & to be honest I have been lazy but have a solid no till buddy on the project already and will put to practice soon.
The first and most important detail to remember here is diversity is essential as with all details with no till gardening more types of same quality inputs is better , in most cases like compost three types or more is best so for the transition ffj banana , plantain and peach works wonders (apply as a foliar) 1tsp per gal Topps.
For the rest of flower make a blueberry , melon , papaya/guava ffj this can only be used as a foliar on lower branches and fans if you really want to spray but can be used weekly as a drench 1 TBS per gallon is plenty!

3 Likes

This technique is key to getting the biggest and terpiest trichome heads

1 Like

I will apologize for the ADHD that you will witness I still haven’t put together a step by step in order so things will not have that kinda feel lol , when I get to that point I’ll start charging for my time but for now let’s talk about a subject that I should have started with haha
Sterility is the most important detail , keep in mind we are creating the perfect environment to breed microbes,fungi and azos ect … Even sweeping the floor will contaminate your rhizosphere with unwanted lifeforms and pathogens! Every watering and every tool and every person and materials entering room must be sterilized, every surface must be sterilized weekly ,never pick something up off floor and use in a pot or as a feed, compost that s#!+ Don’t throw it out but most of all do not use it until it has been re conditioned.
Second of all use the right microbes and inoculants at the right time they all have different functions or function at different ph or in different soil/mediums. These inputs are best to be used weekly or immediately after any inorganic sprays including sulphur or ohm.

3 Likes

I will post some pics of the best microbes on the market dollar for dollar , they are cycle specific and will provide very diverse colonies and extremely happy plants

3 Likes