Claw like leaves, turned up edges, cant tell what is wrong

All other things being equal (which is difficult) your first go-to is overwatering That was my mistake (twice so far). I very noobie. All symptoms stopped when I stopped overwatering.

Yea, that was my first mistake, then I added some notes when I didn’t need to.

They are starting to flower, which is crazy because they are only three weeks old!!!

I imagine in a couple days I’ll have a few flowers to snap delicious pictures of :smiley:

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Yup those are pistils! Congrats

1 Like

Very excited!

By the way, I think it was the runoff not draining/ph issue.

This morning they were getting pretty dry so I ph’d 4 gallons of plain water, and put one gallon of each through the soil. Significant runoff for each one.

Ppm was significantly lower. Around 1800 in the runoff.

Ph was at 6.2 (water was right at 6.5)

Plants have made a rapid recovery and are looking MUCH better.

Three of 4 are definitely early flowering, the other looks like it will start soon

4 Likes

4 Likes

word @Dakjoe i love the fact that everyone is so helpful. sometimes a little too helpful. not in a bad way. I’m a firm believer that u gotta think for yourself. don’t get me wrong, love the help but i can always hear my pop saying if i figure it out for you how the hell you ever going to learn boy.
my dad had this tough love thing. but we (kids) all made it to adulthood

2 Likes

Sounds like you’re on the right track! I pH my water to between 6.2-6.5 for every watering. Different nutrients uptake better at slightly different pH, so you don’t have to get too exact. Your runoff should always be a little lower than the water going in, and 1800 isn’t too bad, but you may want to go one more watering of straight pH water to make sure you have any extra salts flushed out.

I agree but would also like to offer this:

It’s not cheating to borrow someone elses thinking, in fact, it’s resourceful. It would be a waste of time to try to figure everything out on your own.

Imagine if doctors didn’t knowledge share :slight_smile:

I think the problem comes when people begin to speak from a position of experience, when they’ve not experienced anything. What can happen is, things are “parroted” without any underlying knowledge of the subject. Meaning, they don’t know when they are wrong

3 Likes

you are correct. i listen to other peoples opinion and facts. once u stop listening you have stopped learning. i just like to figure it out if i can, then turn to the pros and check your data. i feel sometimes people get lazy and don’t learn for themselves.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more!

By the way, @PurpNGold74,
They have bounced back completely at this point.

All are very healthy.
I believe the main culprit was that I was not watering properly, plus draining. This never allowed ph to adjust properly, and ppm built up in the soil.

I’ve only watered once since then, and they’ll get their second watering tonight.

It blew my mind how fast they filled out after defoliation.
It really is incredible to see.

3 Likes