Class a grow in mi

Starting a class a grow in mi which is 100 plants…looking for heads ups, tips, Basically if I missed something or possible improvements…so have right now 300 square-foot room eight gadiva lamps 1000w Metal halide That I’m going to switch over to high pressure sodium 1000w during flower, 8 fans and 4 carbon filters…how we feeling about this so far? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

3 Likes

Can you explain a little more what the requirements are for this, and cost of permit if any?
Asking for a friend. @sacarriveau

2 Likes

Yeah man it all depends on what you want to do…there are license for every area of the marijuana business be it retail processing growing evenT coordination as far as growing goes there is class a b and c 100’ 500 and 2000 respectively cost of license application is 10000 with a capital requirement of 150,000 and 25% of that in liquid assets like cash in the bank…then u need a building in an opt in city which out of 1800 cities only 400 are opt in where you can do business and with the exception of class a grow and a microwbusiness you need to have a license in medical for up to 2 years prior to recreational license application.

3 Likes

Thank you @sacarriveau and welcome to ILGM. I thought there was a significant cost upfront. I just couldn’t remember how much.

1 Like

Sounds like a fun adventure. Is your building all set ?
Doing soil or hydro ?

Does it have to be a commercial zoned building ?

1 Like

Thanks for the comments man all feedback in this community is good…yeah the class a cultivation license is the lowest ammt in terms of cost per license as well I believe the class c which is 2000 plants is like 40k! Ouch!

2 Likes

Heater. Humidifier. Dehumidifier. So much needed depending on time of year here. Built a few grow buildings in MtClemens. Also I know there is a pending license for Gibraltar trade center in MtClemens. That will be a crazy build there.

1 Like

Hey betrayed, thank you for your comments as well but yeah fosho it’s really exciting No doubt and Nerve-racking as well LOL…yeah the first grow is going to run with Coco wile building a hydro system ourself! We’re actually In an industrial zone I’m pretty sure the commercial zones which are 10 to 15 times more expensive is where most of your retailers are looking to start and thank you very much!!

2 Likes

Wow no kidding! Your a great contact to talk to lol yeah we were Actually looking in Mount Clemens first thought it was a pretty good location…So I’m assuming those grove buildings in Mount Clemens were for medical? What kind of License are they going to put in Gibraltar trade center just a retail I guess I would imagine lol prob an obvious answer lol

2 Likes

Ah building systems is fun.
I wish you the best and hope it all rolls together nicely for you.

Are you close to Detroit? I’m in dearborn heights.
Just wondering what store you think is best for nutes and builds.

1 Like

The ones we built were smaller just 100 plant places.

And yes I’m sure Gibraltar will be like retail stuff.

I’m a journeyman carpenter. Currently on McLaren hospital additions in Mt Clemens. So I know about the Gibraltar thing from the electricians who have the contract for the electrical at Gibraltar but they dont have a start date yet.

Thank you! I actually live in Sterling Heights and there’s a hydro depot like 2 minutes away…mostly buy online but in a pinch I’ll just go there there pretty fair priced and if they don’t have it they will get you whatever you want for anything marijuana related pretty much!

1 Like

Wow that’s awesome journeymen is a great accomplishment! Mind if I hit you up on here in the future? We’re just starting and the idea is to stack licenses and would love to bounce a couple ideas off ya! In terms of grow rooms and stuff like that!

I would actually like to check out the Gibraltar set up that might be really interesting

Oh yeah anytime I can help just ask.

There are so many people on these forums that have answers. You have come to the rite place for sure.

Sorry quick question Gibraltar did a company buy out the whole thing of Gibraltar and I’m gonna turn it into a grow and retail business

I’ll ask electricians at work and see if I get more info.

Here is a link for some info

2 Likes