CJ Tries Cannabutter

Hey y’all! :wave::wave:

So I just tried my hand at making Cannabutter for the first time!
It wasn’t with my own produce, just some Amnesia Haze stuff I got my hands on.

I’d say it turned out ok but what do you guys think?

My pan looked pretty grateful :rofl::rofl::rofl:

@kaptain3d @anon33684698 @patchman @AfgVet @CoyoteCody @Turbonelson @anon47475595 @Se7en @borialis

11 Likes

I love it! Good job!

4 Likes

Looks good, I want to try it sometime when I get a good supply first. Does it matter if you mix strains? :+1: Let us know how it works out.

4 Likes

Looks good… How much cannabis and butter did you use? :thinking:

3 Likes

Thanks all!

@Turbonelson I think mixing batches of different weeds could have a slight hinderance if, say for example, the moistness of the buds are different. Strains however, probably not really too much of an issue providing the they’re all around the same RH. I’m not an expert by any stretch.
I prob wouldn’t try mixing homie with skunk but say if they were both skunk and one was indica and the other sativa, then I would.

@kaptain3d i only used 7g of bud, a cup or so of butter (130g) and just over a cup of water (I had to add some as it was a bit hot and evaporated fast). I just found a recipe online :woman_shrugging:
Any feedback / observations/ suggestions?

3 Likes

I was asking because, usually, I put 1 or 2 ounces of good buds (decarbed) for a cup of butter… :nerd_face:

So for me, your butter would work, but I would use 2 to 4 times the amount I normally use…

But, it should be easier to find out your preferred dosage without “greening out”…

6 Likes

Oh wow, yeah so yours would be way stronger.

I followed this recipe (well, tried to anyway! :rofl:)

I plan to make cookies with it. But it’s not really enough for even a batch of cookies so I already know I’m going to have to add more plain butter which naturally will lower the concentrate.

But you’re right, I can find my edible tolerance. Hey, I can always eat more if one isn’t enough. Harder the other way around! :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

Exactly! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

I’d say congrats you’ve done an amazing job!!! :heart_eyes:

I feel this right down to my bones you guys :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

@BStarr Cheers buddy!

We plan to eat some first thing tomorrow morning. On an empty stomach, to try and get the full effect. …wish me luck! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

You could also drop a spoonful in your coffee… :partying_face:

3 Likes

Bahahahaha oh good luck with that! :crossed_fingers::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Oh my Mrs used to do this with plain butter when we did keto. She loved it!

2 Likes

@kaptain3d can I just check… how many grams are in your ‘cup’ of butter, please?
I do not enjoy the ‘cup’ measurement as I’m sure everyone’s interpretation of a cup is different… :thinking: but it’s pretty much all I could find online. Thanks! :grin:

3 Likes

I’d say around 130 grams… give or take a few. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Yes, great. That’s what I went by as well. Thank you. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My pleasure! :yum:

2 Likes

Looks good to me!

4 Likes

If anyone has an instapot, making canabutter is super easy. Decarbs and infuses all at once. No water needed either

5 Likes

Can and if so how much keif would you have to use?

2 Likes