Chronic Widow Stretch?

I have 3 of the Vipar Spectra 600 reflector I just started with, this is my second indoor both are on this thread. I know the dreaded blurple but I figure another 15w sqft wont hurt . I dont use 1 of the lights until things get bushy.

1 Like

I would put the cobs overhead, and would probably alleviate your need for side lighting. Wouldn’t surprise me a bit if 200 watts of cxb’s had higher ppf than the vipar 600. I’d bet on it.

1 Like

Yeah they are a lot better light , I guess I wanted to know if a kit instead would be better than trying to get it all together piece by piece? I literally know nothing about building a led light although I probably have done most or all of the essentials at one time or another. Again I appreciate your help

Kits are going to be easier, but they’re gonna cost more too. In my opinion, you’d be much better off going with something for overhead lighting. If you still feel like you want side lighting after that, go with some strips and stay away from the cobs for that.

As good as the cxb is, I’d go with a different cob too. There are now cheaper models that offer the same performance, even better at higher currents. Luminous cxm-22 are like $19, and the vero 22 under $14. Both will put you right there at 50 watts. Fitting driver is a little more tricky though as they are higher voltage. Running around 30 watts per square foot of any of the modern cobs is good enough for most.

Well I guess I just used $510 as toilet paper, my plan is to upgrade my growing situation and will have 4 or 5 times more room. So can I calculate using 30 w sqft with the cob you mentioned and is it because the penetration is better?

Not really, it’s because the efficacy is better. More light per watt. I would say you could use about the same metric for good strips or pcb’s. You’ll just likely end up running them a little closer.

#2 has grown 6 in. in 3 days these are not twins, what happened? Maybe I have exactly the soil I was looking for… well see. 2 in. a day man Im proud of my little girl. You know what they say have a boy and you got one pecker to worry about, have a girl and you got millions of peckers to worry about ok,ok off subject I know so how`s the weather in your area

1 Like

Since yesterday @highcountrygal, @Mrcrabs, @Sasquatch, @Seeddog, @TDubWilly, @elheffe702, @Thelaughingwolf , and yes there is some Gypsum in both. They are treated equally in every way until #2 started shooting up and even then the lights are still the same distance away respectively. Anyone have any ideas on why these two are so different?

#1 I even mix the water together at once and then water the same mount for each.

7 Likes

Im just guessing here, different plant? Some times it be that way… genetics can get weird at times

2 Likes

Yep, different phenotypes probably.

2 Likes

@Holmes That’s cool buddy, no you can clone them for your preference, the clones will be just like there mother.

1 Like

@Holmes Good morning and nice job! I am doing my weekly update and check out the differences between the ILGM straimns 2 of each and you would think they weren’t related. I always label a I or II and keep them separate even though harvest and trim because they are different. I’ll tag you when I am done.

1 Like

Different pheno’s is what I’d say. Just like when two parents have two children, one child can take on different traits than the other. I wouldn’t worry and don’t think any human intervention would have made things turn out any different. I’d clone the one I prefer best and give her another run. :v:t4:

2 Likes

@Thelaughingwolf I love it when they do that this is my third grow where I have labeled them as I or II and I take strict measures not to get them mixed up and I jar them separatly. They have differeent tastes, smells and really different highs. It’s fun to watch

2 Likes

Well I didn’t realize it had been two months since last post, things are dire with my plants. All was good until I topped on 8 4 switched to 12 12 on 8 18 and 2 weeks the fans started yellowing upped the feeding a little, worse, flushed and nothing but water and Epsom, worse. Went back and nothing but 0 5 5 evened out but didn’t fix it. All the while checking my ph pen and adjusting ph a little. runoff always between 6.4 and 6.9 First pic is at 19 days since light change, and second is from 30 mins ago

After topping I trimmed the under growth and maybe did too much? Tried cloning… note to self don`t smoke this shtuff when you plan on soaking you Rapid Rooter plugs cause you may forget anyway always next time…right.
@highcountrygal @Seeddog @Sasquatch @TDubWilly @Thelaughingwolf @Mrcrabs @Randy1966 @elheffe702

3 Likes

don’t look to bad to me, look like N deficiency, and those yellows would never turn green again, but your a pretty good ways into flower, so not the end of the world. Can you get a pic of some of the leaves up close?

I think your OK . My CW’s did the same thing . I gave them a little Cal-Mag and upped the feeding to full strength and changed to , feed , feed , water . I was in soil .

This literally looks better than every plant (6 of them now, one at a time lol) I’ve grown start to finish. I always have the same yellowing early in flower, late in transition. I’ve changed a few things with the most improvement from being more anal about the pH and environment. Well, that and turning my intake fan from blowing right up through the canopy, thanks to niala’s help. They look great to me :+1:

@TDubWilly not many leaves left didn’t start curling until a bout 10 days ago. I`ll make some bud but damn nothing I tried a flush and 0 5 5 seemed to do anything thanks for the knowledge man…

1 Like

@Seeddog I`m in soil too and I thought they where starving too but more feeding did not help kinda sucks watching them fall apart though. I am going to have things different next grow, hopefully better?