Chronic Widow 1 dirt, 1 hydro journal

Hi! Starting my first hydro grow today along side a planted of same, both sprouted together. This is today, just replanted both and moved to tent.

4 Likes

Should be interesting to see the differences. I’m in for the ride.

Good Luck and Happy Growing!

3 Likes

Same here Newt im in aswell i wonder which one is goin to yeild the most

2 Likes

Get ready for an explosion of growth. Also, you may have a challenge with that bucket. It would be best if you could use like a 20 gal tote. I run two grow sites in two 20 gal totes and a 13 gal res.
Give us a shout if you have any problems. Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for the info! I want to build a tray because my tent is shorter than I’d like but since this is my first shot I figured I go this way first to see if I can even keep it alive lol. It’s already tacoing today but I repotted, nuted, and move to new lights so I’m not sure what it is. Starting with lower lights.

Update. The hydro didn’t look like it was gonna make it for the first 10 days after bucketing, but I left it alone and it’s coming back quickly now. I’ve already been training and topped the dirt plant and am experimenting with different bending techniques for maximum light exposure. Looking good so far! I am going to leave the hydro alone other than trimming since it’s my first one.

Running HLG 350r at half intensity right now.

3 Likes

Update

2 Likes

Very nice there brother! Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

One month update.

3 Likes

Flipped em last week

2 Likes

Early stretch phase. I did train the soil plant a bit early on, and I normally scrog, but I decided to let them go with just vegetative trimming.

I also am not the best at precise nutrient cycles. :confounded:. But I think they’re doing ok, I hope I can keep the hydro going through flowering! Let me know if anyone sees any glaring concerns. Be well!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Switched sides in the tent for air flow. The hydro is clearly the larger of the two plants. I have done minimal trimming on both, just enough to keep some light on the bud sites.

Hydro is about 8-10 days behind after its rough seedling start from my less than gentle transfer to bucket but it took off like a rocket once it figured out what the heck was going on!

3 Likes

Good job! Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes