Chopped it, dried it, no actual bud?

That is inferesting to hear. I’ve done 4 grows before my current one and always felt they didn’t produce what I saw as “classic” cheech and Chong type tight buds. They dry and cure fine but aren’t tightly/densely packed. They smoke great and make great cannibutter. But I don’t feel like they’re the look of buds I want to show off :rofl:

3 Likes

Sorry buddy, got home a little late last night. There were worse buds than this one but this is what was at the top of the only jar left lol. Airy airy airy but so damn tasty and well and truly does the job!

6 Likes

So are all autos kinda like this? I know they said you could expect less yield with autos but didn’t know that was because the buds would be all airy fluff :frowning:

@anon33684698 so if you tried taking that apart, does it come off super easy?

Thanks for the pic!

1 Like

Yes it does actually. I’ve got mine stored in a wine fridge within 60-65RH range and I’ve gotten plenty of great comments about how nice it is to chop and doesn’t turn to dust or isn’t too wet, but yep I noticed when I went to grab a bit of Blueberry for a friend the other day with small tongs, some parts came right off the stem quite easily.

I don’t think all Autos will foxtail, and even those that do, even though they might not look all pretty, still give amazing effects and cure beautifully so I personally don’t see any issue if they do or don’t. I haven’t gotten under 4oz off any of my plants and one gave me 5.6oz!

1 Like

@anon33684698 I’m sure this has been asked a lot on here but will the actual ‘weed’ smell come with time? When I first dried them, they smell like plants. (no ganja odor) I’ve been burping them every day since and they’re in one of my grow tents in the dark. With time, it will eventually start smelling like weed or is something wrong? It’s been about a week since chop. I feel like it already is smelling different, but I’m not sure. Thanks for the help man!

2 Likes

Yeah absolutely, that smell comes on with curing - with some strains moreso than others though. Even some of my jars of any given strain smell more than other jars of the same strain. For example, the smell of my Blueberry, which foxtailed the worst, smells so damn strong I had to build a specific drying tent with carbon exhaust.
If you want to tell if the foxtailing is genetic or user error, is if the foxtailing is all over the plant or mostly contained to the top end of the plant - which is caused by heat and/or light

1 Like

Is your RH in 60-65 range?

The entire plant was like that. Not just the tops. Rh was no higher than 40% the whole grow even with a humidifier. (Chicago winter)

Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

Sounds like genetic foxtailing to me then?

Oh sorry I should have specified, the RH in your curing jars

I’ll have to get something to monitor that. I’m not sure of the jar RH… Probably not a good thing, huh? haha

I bought a new light just in case the light was the issue. I’m not too fond of it right now. It raised the temp in the tent from about 75 degrees with my old light to 85 with the new one. No bueno. Viparspectra 2000w.

1 Like

Yeah you really need to get small RH meters into your jars or else how do you know if you’re curing it? Or just making a good mould breeding site? :+1:

2 Likes