Chopped it, dried it, no actual bud?

Duct tape is well as well for pin holes… just sit in the tent let your eyes acclimate in the dark and start going to town patchin

@Spiney_norman Really appreciate the kind words. I thought they looked pretty healthy too. That’s why I was surprised after they dried and it lacked actual bud haha.

@The1stTimer I thought they looked pretty dense on the top buds too but even those are flakey and thin/stemy. I LST’d the entire time. I understand the lower buds not developing but ALL the buds were flakey. I moved the light every other day based on their height. When they were flowering, I kept it 18" from the top per the manual.

1 Like

@kellydans @fano_man - I will def try to cover the pin holes. When I looked in there and noticed them initially, I feel like there was a ton of holes. Especially along the zipper. Do you think this light penetration could have affected the bud I’m posting about?

Anyway, thanks guys. I will try patching as many holes as I can!

1 Like

Harvested too early

Why researching online, I found this article. This is EXACTLY what my bud looks like. I wonder if its a genetic thing…

4 Likes

Its can throw flowering off… if its flowering tho it should be ok …could turn hermaphrodites… regular seeds that dont herm as easy will produce airy light buds when underlit tho… even fems and auto will grow airy but can herm easier

1 Like

Did not know that…I only LST’d to keep the height down. As you can see, I was working with a small tent. Interesting though, thank you for the input!

Lst probably gave you the little mass that you got… if you had to raise your light because of one single taller bud you would have even more airyness

You had about 20 more days you chopped right when they were starting to bulk up

That was probably a factor as well …what @bluntsmoke said

1 Like

That’s one of those 120+ day autos we see so often

1 Like

I think you have a couple things going on. Definitely agree with the comments on autos being fluffier than photos in general. Also looks like you chopped a couple weeks early. Wait for the calyxes to fatten and the pistils to recede into them. That’s what goes on during the last couple weeks. Not sure on pinholes effect on autos…

1 Like

No pin holes would not relate to the fluffy buds. Use tape on the zipper where you can see light penetration And silicon on the tent canvas. If you do go with photos you need to fix the pinholes and light leak. I had to fix a couple little holes on my tent, most people do.

Interesting so what would be considered the ‘top’ of the canopy then? I figured that would be the highest, bud/leaf in the tent, no? @fano_man

@Bluntsmoke, @Eagles009 So you think they would have formed into buds eventually? So weird, they looked really good on the tops. I thought maybe I over dried them lol. Thanks for your input though. Appreciate that. I’ll have to be more patient next time.

@kellydans Once my last plant is done, I’ll hop in there with the lights off and block up whatever I can. Really appreciate the advice!

2 Likes

I call genetics. The development looks great. Sometimes u just get poor phenos esp if they’re freebies. The bud to leaf ratio is also slighted heavily towards leaves. Not the best scenario but I’d smoke it.

2 Likes

Guarantee you they would have swelled that’s what they look like at the beginning

1 Like

You got it anytime ! I sealed my holes on outside of canvas worked fine.

1 Like

Correct… top bud is top of the canopy so by training branches horizontally and tie branches to the sides will give you a nice even plant… when light is weak you want as even as possible for even coverage

1 Like

I’ll take a pic of it cured when I get home and you’ll see better what I mean :+1:

1 Like

Appreciate it!

2 Likes