Chop or wait longer

Critical purple 10 weeks into flower. Should I chop, or wait? Pictures are not great, but the best I could do.

2 Likes

1st reply! I vote wait. I see some fresh looking pistils still. A whole plant picture would help to determine readiness.

2 Likes

Wait. Check daily.

1 Like

It’s getting close , right?? It’s still producing new pistols, so I just can’t tell.

1 Like

@Twin Your arguably in the window of harvest for plenty of growers here. It’s really what do you want buzz wise? Like @Sizzzl said, daily watch. :+1:t2::green_heart:

2 Likes

She looks a little rough. I struggled with some over feeding, and deficiency issues. It’s really a miracle I’ve brought her to this point.

5 Likes

Yep, looks like a serious cal-mag issue and maybe even a pest of some kind but she’s a trooper and is real close to ready. Just keep checking. Personally, I would remove all those damaged fan leaves. At this point the plant really doesn’t need them.

1 Like

I was wondering about that. Would it be okay to do it all at once? I didn’t have a tds meter in the beginning. I didn’t catch the deficiency quickly enough. When I did run off testing, I realized she was grossly over fed , and probably suffering from lock out due to salt build up. I flushed and stopped feeding, but by then the damage was done. I certainly learned a lot on my first grow.

Take some, leave some, if you NEED the weed. Else, wait, then take some and leave some.
Like they said, trim the dead. More time is more time to recover. The strong survive.
Like wine, soil, love and Age matters.

It starts off small but the rust colored spots was already all over the plant. Moral of the story…you wasn’t paying close enough attention. Consider it a hard lesson learned and never let it happen again. I am sure you will pay more attention here on out.

I used to pull to early based only on the amber pistils. I didn’t pay attention to the trichomes. A hard lesson learned on my part. I don’t make that mistake ever again either. :+1:

Caveat…see something off, get photos and post before it gets to late.

nice buds , plant looks like it’s had a few struggles along the way. If you’re not in a hurry I would water only for about 10 to 14 days to finished up. Keep watching those crystals for your preference. I don’t think feeding at this point is going to do much good. Good luck finishing up ! :v::+1:

1 Like

She sure has, but I some how nursed her along. Thanks for your input.

1 Like

Your not wrong.

1 Like

Don’t sweat it We all had growing pains. I sure did till I dialed in how I grow. Since I pulled early, I never got a high. Which sucked and I was going to give up till my sister said you got this. I found this site and I haven’t looked back.

2 Likes

@Twin but like your plant you’ve grown from this experience and your next grow will benefit from all this gained knowledge. Trial & error will lead to less and less error to come!! And while you contemplate all that you can smoke on your own grow which always feels a little better. :smiley:

3 Likes