Choosing the right equipment to indoor grow

Hi,

Given that some of friends said to me that i start with smaller grow, I changed my decision and decided to start with a small growth. So please help me in buying its equipment.
In the beginning, what is your suggestion for grow tent. Is suitable a 3 chambers tent for clones and mother plant, vegetative and flowering such as attached tent in following link. Or that i buy a separate tent for each one of stages.

@kushpa

Hi,

Given that some of friends said to me that i start with smaller grow, I changed my decision and decided to start with a small growth but after that i asked for help from friends, unfortunately, no one has helped me yet. If possible could you please help me in buying its equipment.
In the beginning, what is your suggestion for grow tent. Is suitable a 3 chambers tent for clones and mother plant, vegetative and flowering such as attached tent in following link. Or that i buy a separate tent for each one of stages.
A member of the ILGM Support Team has editited your post’s … Mazoo I have edited your post .As the links you posted are not sponsored thru the ILGM Forum . …Their are tents available thru the sponsored links . found listed under the buyers guild … Hammer

1 Like

As to your question ,ill be glad to help . if it were me id buy 2 tents … One 4x5x6 tall. and one about 2x3x3. it’ll be easier to do this when your learning … one for clone’s or seedling’s . and the other for Veg &Bloom This will make controlling the environment easier… If you need any further assistance . @ me … Hammer.

2 Likes

@Hammer

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

So you’re saying that i do not need to other tent for mother plant?! Or that i use of one tent for clones and mother plant together and of other tent for veg and flowering?

No no . Do use two separate tents depending on size of them ,you can use one for mothers and clones the other for grow then Bud .:smiley: Hammer

2 Likes

@Hammer

Ok, i mean was same thing that you said. Perhaps i didn’t write right, of course i edit it. Anyway thanks.

Would that (233 tent) be enough to mother plant and clones? If is enough, with what light and ventilation?

Hammer has you covered! I think he’s probably gonna tell ya to do something like 18/6 for vegatation and 12/12 for flower.

1 Like

@Mazoo ,. Kushpa hit the nail, On the liteing , i would recommend as standard times. for veg &bloom … And as to the tent a 2 foot by 3foot by 3foot could do a mother and clones as well. i use t-5 florescent 's for this my self .6000k as to ventilation , that depends on many things …something in the 5-6 inch fan size …axil fans are best .(like in a computer ) they can be had in 110 volt or come with a transformer. Hammer

3 Likes

@Hammer

Doesn’t it need to carbon filter? And does axial fan really enough even if i use of a little bit larger tent?

carbon filters are an option that is up to you . as to the fan’s mentioned . i have used 4 " up to 12" but mostly use them for small areas .Blower’s & centrifugal fans are generally used for larger Grows … Hammer

What is your opinion? Do i use a 4" carbon filter for clone and mother plant tent?

The carbon filter is only used when people don’t want the smell of weed to be exposed outside of the grow area.

It doesn’t benefit the plant at all, other than exhausting air and exchanging old air with fresh air.

If you don’t care about the smell then you don’t need a carbon filter. I don’t use one because I don’t have to worry about the smell.

The question is, do YOU NEED/want a carbon filter? Do you have neighbors to worry about? Are you worried about smell and getting caught?

@ktreez420

Thank you for your guide.
Yes i am worried about smell. And I will definitely use it in veg and flower tent. But i wanted to know that smell is in mother plant tent, too. Or that smell isn’t very much during vegetation(mother plant tent) and smell is more in flowering stage?

Maziar

I’ll have to let someone else answer you on that one, as I don’t use a carbon filter and never have.

Thanks @ktreez420, and thanks @Hammer

Is 3 feet a good enough height for clones and mother plant tent? Which one of following tent is better for clones and mother plant?

A- 6060150 cm
B- 906090 cm
C- 6060140 cm
D- 8080160 cm

@mazoo .Can you do me a favor on the conversion . inches and feet…:blush: Please my metrics are way rusty. lol . if not let me know by @ me …And ill do my best to convert it … Thank’s a bunch … Hammer

@Hammer :grinning: yes I do it.

Is 3 feet a good enough height for clones and mother plant tent? Which one of following tent is better for clones and mother plant?

A- 2 * 2 * 5 ft
B- 3 * 2 * 3 ft
C- 2’ * 2’ * 4’7"
D- 2’7.5" * 2’7.5" * 5’.3"

How to convert feet to centimeters

1 foot is equal to 30.48 cm. To convert feet to centimeters multiply your figure by 30.48.
How to convert centimeters to feet

1 foot is equal to 30.48 cm. To convert centimeters to feet you need to divide your figure by 30.48.
How to convert centimeters to inches

1 inch is equal to 2.54cm. To convert inches to centimeters multiply your figure by 2.54.
How to convert inches to centimeters

1 inch is equal to 2.54cm. To convert centimeters to inches you need to divide your figure by 2.54.

You can use following link.

2 Likes

@ktreez420 and @Hammer

You didn’t say that what is your opinion about clones and mother plant tent size, especially its height.

I would be grateful if you say your opinion.

1 Like

@hammer will get back to you with some answers, he’s more knowledgable, probably just busy though.

Do i need to two fans (exhaust fan and inlet fan) and one carbon filter for 4’ by 4’ tent ventilation or only one thermostatic exhaust fan is enough and following windows are sufficient for air entry?

In addition, If i need to two fans, do i need to twin fan, temperature and humidity controller( for example: GSE controller or Smscom controller or etc )? Or that two fans is good enough without twin fan controller and if exhaust fan is with thermostat, it is enough.