Chocolope harvest?

I have no idea what week I’m on but is this close to being ready to harvest?!

2 Likes

Your trichomes look pretty clear I think you have some time left

But a better picture of your trichomes would help everyone out in getting you close to a time frame.

4 Likes

Your probably within a couple weeks without seeing trichs… I’ve got a couple in about the same state but I like cloudy with minimal Amber. As soon as I see <10-15% clear I start dark period. Just a suggestion without knowing your grow but maybe stop feeding nutes so she’ll fade and bring out the colors. Just a thought your leaves look very dark green showing stored N. Great job👍 She’ll be tasty🤤

3 Likes

I stopped nutrients this week and have noticed some of the lower leaves starting to lighten up. @Sirsmokesalot y ou mentioned a dark period… what is that? This is my 3rd grow and I’m pretty sure I’ve harvested to early on my last 2. Does this pic show the trichs better??

2 Likes

You really need to get in a lot closer. If taking pictures the best tool I’ve found is a digital otoscope with stand on Amazon. For general review, a loupe is king. Without getting in closer it’s not possible to say for sure how close you are.

Extended darkness just before harvest is to allow the plant to sequester any salts in the canopy into the root ball where it is discarded at harvest. This produces a smoother smoke.

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I am taking the pictures on my iPhone through a loupe but it must not have a good enough magnifying power. Do you know of any articles on the dark period your talking about? I will try and get some better pictures.

One other question I have is I just checked my calendar and it’s been planted for 17 weeks… I could have sworn I read somewhere that chocolope should be ready in about 13-14 weeks?

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m going to look for a better magnifying glass today and hopefully I can get some better pictures

I tried finding a higher magnifying tool but this is the best I could find. Any idea what these little things are? I found them on 2 of my buds… also, can anyone see if my trichromes are ready? It’s hard for me to tell…

Those are nanners… pluck them off with tweezers… those are going to shoot pollen…
Your plant is trying to go hermi on you…
Tricomes are looking close to harvest…
@Blaze2
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll get those off today! Any idea why it would shoot those out all of a sudden? I think they’ve only just appeared in the last week or 2.

1 Like

Because your getting close to harvest…
It’s a last ditch effort for the plant to self pollinate so that she can live on as a seed…
It’s just in her genetics…
Some do it and some don’t… it can also be brought on by stress…
:v::sunglasses:

Ohh gotcha! Thanks!:upside_down_face:

1 Like