Chocolope and Goldleaf joined by a Psycho, the next generation

I was working on transitioning the light to night - because I forgot that I was gonna do that for the summer batch. I can’t math very well and mixed up the on/off times and they got more than 12 hrs dark for a day :worried: Hopefully that’s not too stressful for them! I thought I saw pistils but now I think it’s just pointy tips of new leaves. (Goldleaf)

Also… what does it mean when they are ‘praising’ the light? Too close or not close enough? Maybe they are just ready for more?? Currently they are under a T5 fluorescent and are 33 days from sprout. (Chocolope)

4 Likes

They are sucking up the par, lights look to be perfect. They will taco up if light is too close, or too hot

3 Likes

They look great to me @GreenThunder :+1:t3: I believe they are old enough and look hearty enough to flip to flower if you want to. I wouldn’t worry too much about the extended night - but I would just pick a schedule and stick with it to prevent any stress. :blush:

2 Likes

They are still in 1 gallon pots :confused: (procrastination) I will move them into 5 gallons today then they get to move into the tent with HPS. I’ll give them a couple weeks to shoot out roots and adjust to the light before flipping. :v:

2 Likes

Well procrastination won again, darnit, they are still in 1 gallon pots. :no_mouth: But they did get moved into the tent.

5 Likes

They look great - but they may love you more if you upgraded their pot size :+1:t3:

2 Likes

I did upgrade them the next day, and just in time… well a week earlier would have been better :smirk: They are 6 and 6.5 weeks (the ch were reluctant to sprout)

Yesterday they were joined by Psycho who I thought was an auto but with no pistils showing at day 73 I realized I was mistaken. The seed was gifted to me about 6 months ago. I knew I should have written down what he said.

So now the tent is more crowded than planned and I’ll scrog just 1 each of the gl and ch. Flip will happen next weekend, a little sooner than planned due to less space because of an extra addition :upside_down_face: I think it’ll work out just fine. Oh… and I’m dropping another WWA for the closet!

4 Likes

I fimmed Psycho (again) in an effort to keep her from growing too tall.

5 Likes

@Tylan @Familyman420 @Kcdaniels @usmcjojo

I’m about out of medusa’s… Is there anything I can sub until my order gets here?

Im sorrybim out of town. I cant look at a madusas magic to see what in it but, yes im sure u can. Dont stress it yet. Is it a microbial food? If u dont have an answer by tonight when i get in ill respond then.

1 Like

I’ll check it when I’m home at lunch.

I have this…

But again I’ll have to checkmy ingredients when I’m home. I also have access to compost tea… would that be as good or better?

1 Like

I also use photo plus. Its really one of the products that u see works after first use. Inwould think that youd be good using that. And all microbial life products are good for airoponics and hydroponics and soil. I use a few of there items

This one called Paycho is appropriately named :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

She has this great strong thick main stalk, with a little kink near the top (mis-fimm I think)

And then she has an absolute maze of branches that go every which way with no pattern at all.

AND she’s got these enormous 11 fingered leaves!!

IknowIknow… some of you are cringing seeing that I removed solar panels :astonished: but these were buried and blocking air flow. She has plenty more :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I forgot to add… Psycho would have been a prime candidate for a scrog. She’s practically scrogging herself!! Some of the small under branches are stretching their best to reach the light… and they’re making it!! I’ll try to get some natural light pics tomorrow. It’s so hard to see what’s going on under there when I’m trying to tuck leaves so there’s really no way to show it in a pic

And her smell is unusual too… closest I can describe is like freshly printed (lithograph) newsletters or annual reports :thinking::nose: (a scent I love, actually) :smiley::upside_down_face:

Edit: I think I need to take a clone (there, done for now, I think)

4 Likes

OK I couldn’t leave her alone… she was calling out to me :ear: It took some studying, and a bowl of sour diesel while pondering, before I got it! She wanted some LST so I obliged :innocent:

It really opened her up

I don’t know why I didn’t think of it sooner!! She had to practically scream at me :no_mouth::laughing:

3 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking, @GreenThunder do you happen to know why those leaves were a little curled on the edges of the two leaves you cut off? I’ve seen that on my past grows but I didn’t know if it was genetics, or that the light was too close to the leaves, or what? Thank you for your help and time I appreciate it and your grow looks awesome! Keep up the good work

1 Like

This girl is different than any other I’ve grown (which isn’t a lot) These leaves were from down low and had been being tucked so I think that’s more the cause of the curled leaves than anything else. I was gentle but continually had to tuck them out of the way.

She does have very deep ridges on all new growth but it relaxes as the leaves grow out. You can kinda see what I mean in this pic. I don’t know if this is an issue or strain feature. She keeps growing and seems otherwise healthy.

She is very compact; it looks like the curling is due to contact and lack of space. I could be wrong (still quite new)

1 Like

Yeah that’s sort of what I was thinking about those kind of ridges. I was guessing it’s either genetic or like you said just those weird leaves that get tucked away maybe not get the normal light is others would? Keep up the good work. And thank you for the post.

2 Likes

Flipped the 12/12 switch in the tent today, but pulled the Chocolope out and put them in the closet with the WWA under the qb.

Three in the tent…

Three in the closet…

4 Likes

My last WWA seed has been in a moist napkin for a week and still closed.

I think I’ll just plant it now and see what happens. Should I put it in peat or just directly in the coco? Would root simulator help or hurt?

2 Likes