Chlorine, chloramines,.... need a water expert

That’s what I’ve heard that it’s the easiest. I guess now that I know I can use tap water I might give it a run someday soon. I was hesitant thinking I’d have to buy a ton of distilled water to do it.

Im actually ditching my DWC and moving to coco lol…

2 Likes

I’ve had theee runs in coco. I’ve never tried anything else yet. I like the idea of no bugs lol

2 Likes

I have specific needs and goals that need to be met and DWC is not getting me there.

I will say my needs are different than most peoples though otherwise I would stay with DWC which I do consider to be superior

I have noticed DWC’s take longer, especially autos. And the size of the bushes doesn’t really yield much more because your limited by the lights.

Longer? To harvest?

Yes. My last auto’s took 11 weeks the start blooming and were done in 22 weeks. I was done much faster with the gold leaf. They took 3.5 months.

Ok, I’ve never grown an auto in dwc

But I get such accelerated veg growth in dwc that I always considered it to be a shortened harvest time

2 Likes

I have had slow starts. Once they get going the crush it. I have some modifications in mind that will make them faster, but will have to try it out in my fall grow.

1 Like

And please understand im not ditching DWC because I’m unimpressed because that’s not the case at all

1 Like

So what is it then? What’s your specific need?

1 Like

I have the issue of having to leave town for extended periods of time, this is the issue that first brought me to DWC.

I could build systems that just hold more water but my room is not really accommodating to a huge system like @Grandaddy013 that holds massive amounts of water.

Therefore im moving over to autopots and gonna grow in coco. Setup just right I could potentially go 2 weeks plus and not ever even look at the plants.

Climate is completely controlled from my phone so I don’t have to worry about that

2 Likes

You are the stuff TDub! Still ordering parts for mey rdwc system so this got my attention.

1 Like

The added benefit of less electricity used and the grow room being a little quieter helped in my decision

What magic is this ? Lol how’s that app work?

1 Like

Lol give me just one second my dear watsun

That makes sense, but you could, probably create an autofeed system for DWC as well, like an upside down suspended 5gal jug with a feed tube

1 Like

I have two 2x4 tents, space is limited so im trying to “build down” and not “build up”.

In dwc the two tents together produce a pound, If I can achieve the same results with the autopots then im gonna stay with them, if not, I’ll reroll the dice

Ok @Watt-Sun

SensorPush Wireless Thermometer/Hygrometer for iPhone/Android - Humidity & Temperature Smart Sensor with Alerts. Developed and Supported in The USA

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AEQ9X9I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CqtSCb7VR0TP6

1 Like

Kasa Smart WiFi Plug by TP-Link – Smart Plug, No Hub Required, Works with Alexa and Google (HS100)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0178IC734/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_9utSCb1GE60Q6