Chlorine/ Chloramine

I don’t have any experience with chloramines. There is a product called ‘Pond Clarifier’ that touts removal of chloramines, the DI cartridge on an R/O system will remove it too. No idea about citric, ascorbic acid for removal.

1 Like

Thanks gang, Im starting to add so much stuff to the watering schedule at some point I’m going to hose things up. Ill look into the vitamin C.

Ive already read up on silica, now its silica nutes calmag etc etc etc.

The fun it is though!

Yeah it’s more of a natural way to neutralize it. I got my bottle at a Whole Foods store In the vitamin section but you can also get the ascorbic acid in home canning sections

1 Like

Thx for sharing. He gave a ratio but for like 25 gal. What is yours if you don’t mind? Then go about normal process of nutes calmag ph?

1 Like

I use Seachem Prime sold at pet store to treat aquariums 2 drops per gal. Removes chloramine and chlorine

1 Like

I use about 40 mg per gal or a tbs for 2-5 gallons let that sit for about 30min then add the calmag and nutrients

No problem bud!

I do…I have experience with chloramine. I use a PUR water
filter and it takes care of it here. You confirmed this when I said I left a 5 gallon bucket full of brown water sit. It still had the chlorine smell. Even after a full week being aired out.

This is what I use

Aqueon Aquarium Tap Water… Amazon.com