Cherry Pie Indoor ScroG under HLG 550 R-spec

Really excited to start this grow using ILGM Cherry Pie. ILGM came highly recommended from KaliGrownBudz and I can’t wait to see the results.
I will be trying to document this grow as thoroughly as I possible can, everything from weeks,types of LST, nutrients, lighting, dosage levels, and techniques used. I will keep some secrets to myself, however I do believe knowledge is key and this giving tree will never be repressed by prohibition again!
In this grow I will be doing a lot of LST and early, I will be pushing her pretty hard because I do believe this tree loves to be trained and if she responds well to the LST then that means she can take more.
So thank you for stopping by and looking, please feel free to share your thoughts and comments. Happy grows growmies!

Conditions

Week - 4

Day Avg
Temp - 76.8F
RH% - 62.9%
VPD - 1.2

Night Avg
Temp - 71F
RH% - 67.3%
VPD - 1.2

Light Schedule - 18/6

Lamp to plant distance - 30"

Nutrients ml/gal
Armor Kote Potassium Silicate - 1ml
Mammoth P - .6ml
Recharge - 2.5ml
FloraMax Coco A - 4ml
FloraMax Coco B - 4ml
FloraMax Root XS - 5ml
ShiliJit - 3ml
pH Down - 2ml

TDS ppm - 750
pH - 5.9

Grow Technique - LST, Topping, Defoliation

Grow notes for the week -
Week four (actually week two of veg) I saw some pretty impressive growth from her. This week she was topped, shaved, and tied down and she loved every bit of it. I started to also notice that she is putting out a skunky smell, much different then the Gorilla Glues I grew earlier this year. This smell I can only imagine will intensify as she gets more mature. I’ve tried pretty hard to keep my vpd in the range of 1.2 for veg, I do however have my doubts with the exhale bag. This time around I went with another bag but it was a 365 bag and this one you have to start the growth yourself and it takes about four weeks to light off. It has started to light off and I hope it increases the CO2 level a lot, I would like to see it on the range of 1100 to 1700 ppm’s but as I mentioned I have my doubts with just one bag. Fertigation has increased to half a gallon every other day, week five I will do a flush to remove any potential salt build up. Thanks for stopping by, I know veg isn’t as impressive as flower but it is still fun to watch them grow. Happy growing growmies!

Topped

Always leave a sufficient amount of stalk above the node to help support the kolas, otherwise she may split if not supported

Used a wire hanger cut into four lengths to help hold her down, didn’t work well for me

Instead of the wire I grabbed some clips and twist ties, much better at anchoring

6 Likes

Nice job so far. I am glad you have chosen to just make a journal here. Sorry about the drama. Happy growing, lw

1 Like

Who does not like cherry pie :yum: nice looking girl! Following along!

2 Likes

@Thumper, exactly! It’s a surprise grow for my fiancé, she loves cherry pie :pie:

2 Likes

I’m going to follow along too if you don’t mind! Always can learn something or a new way of doing things.

1 Like

Looks fantastic, nice lighting system also. This forum is full of hlg users and diy qb strip/ board builders.

Lady(s?) look well main lined out, thank you for the journal and welcome

1 Like

When you top like that leave a part of the stem of you plant will split.

1 Like

Thanks @PharmerBob, my last grow on this light was the gorilla glue auto and she netted 7.5oz. The light is a beast for sure, thinking of adding some blue leds on a timer so when she wakes up she gets the blue lights for eight hours. Basically the emerson effect. In a few weeks I will be topping again for eight and I’ll probably stop there.

@Member420, for sure that’s why I let the main stem grow just a little past the fourth node. Look closely and you can see I left about 5mm of a nub. She’s already healed and left behind a nice knuckle.

2 Likes

@Arborfarms check out the 4’ light bars you could basically mount those anywhere

I break every plant , the plant im cutting today. That’s a FIM

Mine are netted so their not going to fall off so I don’t even fix them

2 Likes

Yeah, with internodal spacing that close I can see how that could happen. How close are your lights when you veg?

Normally my lights are over 24" from plants

This is the top of that plant

4 Likes

Nice! I keep mine up at 30” during veg and my internodel stacking is about 1”. I haven’t ever seen a split after topping this way, but I always support the kolas somehow as she grows.

1 Like

Are you using CO2 enrichment with yours?

Has a filtered outside air intake.

I use the exhale bags because my exhaust fan does not cycle that often. With the tent being a passive intake, the CO2 produced by one bag keeps the tent around 850ppm’s.When the air cycles the CO2 at ambient goes to the mid 400ppm. Plenty of CO2 for one plant, I would like to see 1100ppm plus though.

1 Like

Conditions

Week - 5

Day Avg

Temp - 78

RH% - 63%

VPD - 1.2

Night Avg

Temp - 72F

RH% - 65%

VPD - .9

Light Schedule - 18/6

Nutrients ml/gal

Mammoth P - .6ml

Recharge - 2.5ml

FloraMax Coco A - 5ml

FloraMax Coco B - 5ml

FloraMax Root XS - 6ml

ShiliJit - 3ml

pH Down - 2ml

TDS ppm - 765

pH - 5.9

Grow Technique - LST, Defoliation

Grow notes for the week - Height for this week is right at 6" while being tied down. She’s grown a lot and is enjoying the LST. I did more defoliation up to the 2nd node of the side and main kola’s. She looks really good with shaved legs lol. Veg is moving along nicely with no major problems, next week I will be increasing the dosage of A&B by a fair amount and week 6 will see the addition of kelp to the lineup. I will also be making some new cables to raise the max light height.

Nice and healthy!

A few more weeks and I will top again to make eight kolas

Nice and even canopy so far

2 Likes

Conditions

Week - 6

Day Avg

Temp - 78

RH% - 64%

VPD - 1.1

Night Avg

Temp - 71

RH% - 65%

VPD - 1

Light Schedule - 18/6

Nutrients ml/gal

Mammoth P - .6ml

Recharge - 2.5ml

FloraMax Coco A - 7ml

FloraMax Coco B - 7ml

FloraMax Root XS - 8ml

ShiliJit - 3ml

pH Down - 2ml

TDS ppm - 917

pH - 5.9

Grow notes for the week - Height for this week is 9.5". Week six has been a week of highs and lows. This week I did more LST, my goal is to get the branches to grow out to the corners of the net and then i will be tying them down under the net going in a clockwise rotation until the net is completely filled. In doing so I was massaging one of the main branches to get her flexible so I can tie her down and in doing so when I went to tie her down she was not so limber and I snapped the branch literally in half. Only thing keeping it attached was the outside layer of the branch (skin if you will). Did some quick thinking, made a splint from a toothpick, added some cloth tape, wrapped fairly tight, and added some support. She responded very well, no damaged leaves, healthy growth and she is doing great. I was really worried, but accidents like these and a successful fix only makes you a better grower.
She was topped at the two top branches this week and is showing stamina and stature, I also did more defoliation to the under canopy. At this point I’m going to let her grow out and begin tying her down. I’ve increased the nute dosage and have yet to see any tip burn, I’m going to increase every watering until I see tip burn then back off the dosage by 1ml. Thanks for stopping by!

Getting closer!

Even canopy

Under canopy

About 1/2" from the net

4 Likes

Grow Journal - GR3 CP

Conditions

Week - 7

Day Avg

Temp - 75f

RH% - 66%

VPD - 1.1

Night Avg

Temp - 66f

RH% - 64%

VPD - 1.2

Light Schedule - 18/6

Nutrients ml/gal

Mammoth P – .6ml

Botanicare CalMag Plus - 0ml

Recharge - 2.5ml (once a week)

FloraMax Coco A - 8ml

FloraMax Coco B - 8ml

FloraMax Root XS - 9ml

ShiliJit - 2ml

pH Down - 2ml

TDS ppm - 1020
pH - 5.9

Grow notes for the week - Removed the splint from the broken branch and she has healed nicely. Right now I’m doing the continuous LST, with minor defoliation. Goal is to run the branches and tie down under the net attempting to fill each square of the net. I suspect that the growth in the center of the net will get larger than the growth at the last square to be filled. To counter this and keep the canopy level I’ll keep tucking the shoots under the net till it is all even. I estimate about four more weeks of veg.

Starting to branch out a bit

2 Likes