Chemdog 2x4 tent grow

Really excited to get this grow going, havenr grown in over a decade! I picked up some Chemdog from ILGM because i grew a Chemdog varient back in the day which i loved, so I figured I would start there.

Picked up a 5 pack, threw the healthiest looking two in water on Wednesday, and within 6 hours i could already see the taproot on one bean. The second one was soon to follow. Put in paper towels after a little over 24 hours to let the tap root grow a little more, then into soil on Friday. This morning (Sunday) i was greeted to two beautiful young ladies popping their heads out to say hello!

Right now they are in OF HF with some extra worm casings added for good measure. Their final homes will be 5 gallon fabric pots.

I picked up thr 2x4 AC Infinity tent, I’m really happy
with the quality of the tent and all the components, however im already regretting not going bigger. Unfortunately the 4x4s won’t fit great in the space that i have, but these girls may end up flowering in a 3x3.

Really excited to get back into it, I’ve already got the itch bad. I plan to update regularly and look forward to feedback from all the pros!

8 Likes

Looks great @MrMilo and welcome to this great place :grinning:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

I use both 3x3 and 2x4 tents and find it easier to fit two small plants in the 2x4 than the 3x3. I use the 3x3 when vegging one plant extra long until it fills the tent.

Oh, and welcome to the forum

1 Like

Lots of 2x4 around here. 2 plants, sometimes 3, even more depending on methods. Great to have you onboard and welcome.
It looks like AC Infinity set you up well.
I have a 3x3 that does what I need. My current crop is at Afghan to close 2022

1 Like

Do you have a light gauge? Looks like thr gap between your seedlings & light is a lil big… (If the light is strong it obv doesn’t matter)

1 Like

It’s 3ft from light to canopy with light at 40%, Photone measures about 13 DLI, i certainly intend to gradually increase every day, just being gentle on them since they just popped today.

2 Likes

Bells and whistles.
Let the plants have a say too. But DLI is right on target.
In case you don’t have this chart

2 Likes

Yes, thank you! I’ve been lurking on the forums for a couple weeks while preparing for this grow and that chart is something i definitely saved for reference! All my previous grows i have had a lot less control over the environment so im really looking forward to having a lot more control this time around.

2 Likes

I have the Photone App but have never used it. If my curiosity gets to me I’ll check what my setting are.

I take it you will be using soil.
Decided on nutrients?

I have the Fox Farms trio, i plan to use that (i usually start at 50% and go from there) with botanicare liquid karma. Sticking with things i have had good results with in the past.

1 Like

I also have Botanicare cal-mag and silica blast on the way, i dont think ill need the cal-mag but it will be good to have on hand.

That makes sense. The trio is well regarded and widely used. I used to use the Trio when I grew in soil. Always needed to supplement with CalMag. Use Silica Blast too.

1 Like

Lady #1 is already reaching for the light! Lowered the light a little and turned it up to 50% which brought it up to about 15 DLI.

Lady #2 is still pretty short and looking a little deformed but i have faith that she’ll turn out fine!

2 Likes

Welcome back to the Grow World and to the Forum!!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @MrMilo and @JeffreyN1014 I hope you will enjoy the time you spend here. MrMilo I have just recently returned to cultivating cannabis myself. Used to grow in 2008/2009. I’m on my second grow and know now what’s been missing in my life. Hope you come to the same conclusion. :+1:t2::100:

3 Likes

The little ladies are looking great! I’ve been gradually turning up the light, flipped them to 18/6, and took the cups off the top, and so far they have been responding really well.

Gave them their first real watering on Tuesday when i took the cups off. Used Liquid Karma and Silica Blast (botanicare).

4 Likes

Ladies looking happier by the day!

3 Likes

@MrMilo True that sir!! :smiley:

2 Likes

4 Likes