Chelle's second grow - Gelato & Blueberry autos

High friends! :wave: I’m attempting to journal this grow, though I’ve never been good at journaling anything in my life. My first grow ended up being a male and it was heartbreaking! But, life goes on and here I am now.

I’m already worried about my gelato, but the blueberry seems to be doing great!

Both are in 3 gallon fabric pots with happy frog soil. I water with distilled water about 4 cups every 4 days or so. Gelato is 26 days above ground and blueberry is 23 days. I use a spider farmer sf1000 light in a 3x3 tent. Temps stay around 75-80° and I just keep a small fan blowing. I haven’t started nutes yet as they’ve only been in these pots for a week and everything I’ve read says happy frog feeds for 3-4 weeks. I do have jacks 321 and cal-mag on site and ready to go though.

This is all relatively new to me so any help along the way is appreciated!

5 Likes

Looks good! Let them dry up before watering again. They like that wet/dry. Spot on with watering away from the stem, good on you! Your soil may last longer. At about 4 weeks, check your runoff ppm’s. If they are at 1,000 or less, start feeding. And you can feed Jack’s every single watering. They don’t like much nitrogen when flowering starts, so if needed, the Jack’s ratios can be adjusted. Good luck and happy growing!!!

1 Like

@Chelley Welcome to your best grow!! Your last experience will help catapult this one to perfection!! That little one on the left might’ve found a hot spot in your soil, she looks like her tips are a tad burned but she’ll power through it! Happy growing!! :green_heart::seedling::green_heart::seedling:

2 Likes

Welcome to your new happy place :blush:
giphy (1)

3 Likes

An updated photo of the ladies from today! They look happier to me :grin: feedback is so welcome here!

I’ve read that this is a good indication that it’s indeed a female…when the stipules cross like an x…any truth to that? I’m just paranoid since my last grow :confused:

2 Likes

Well that’s an interesting little nugget, can’t wait to hear about this!!

Your babies look great btw!! :seedling::green_heart::seedling::green_heart:

1 Like

I do believe ms. Blueberry is in pre-flower…

I know with it being an auto she’ll do what she wants when she wants, but is it normal to start flowering already? 31 days above ground.

2 Likes

@Chelley seems the only thing consistent with auto’s is they consistently ’do what they do’ whenever it is ‘they feel like doing it’ lol. Your story has been said quite a few x’s about the early auto trigger finger. She’s ready to bloom so make her shine!! :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

I appreciate all your input @Fieldofdreams !

Do you think I should start giving her small doses of jacks 321 since she’s in pre-flower now? She’s only been in this happy frog soil for two weeks.

@Chelley please refresh my memory, do you have ph & ppm pens? If she’s only been in HF for 2 wks and since that soil is preloaded to last up to 4-6 wks I’d recommend a run off ppm trading to see what’s available already in the soil and adjust the serving you give her accordingly. Like 1/4, 1/2 dose etc….

1 Like

Ok that makes sense! I bought the cheap ph/ppm pen combo on amazon. I’ve read several comments on here that they’re not that reliable though :thinking:

1 Like

@Chelley if you don’t trust it feed increasing doses to test their appetites. Start low and steadily bump them up. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Right on! As always, thanks for taking time to help this rookie out.

Congrats on BOM!!! :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

@Chelley Thank you. Stunned actually. The comp is full of ridiculous looking bud.

1 Like

My girls are growing, but I’m concerned about some of the leaves. There are a few that are dark and folded downward. I did give both of them a 1/4 dose of Jack’s on Monday.

1 Like

@Chelley it looks as if it’s an N toxicity with the color and clawing. What’s your runoff ppm & ph?

1 Like

I dont know. Im a nervous wreck when it comes to run off (no idea what I’m doing). LoL! I just watered them Monday, so would it be safe to test it now or wait until next watering?

1 Like

@Chelley probably next watering. Ph fluctuates over time but I’m not sure if ppm does. Play it safe. Get 20% runoff in a saucepan or whatever you prefer.

1 Like

@Chelley compare what’s going in be out and keep a log of your weeks.

1 Like

Appreciate you!