Chelating nutrients?

Does anyone use any products to help chelate their nutrients? If so which and how?

Cali uses sporan ec2 and ecotrol plus at a farm there all derived from plant materials. I believe it was keyplex site.

1 Like

Pretty good chance that nutrients you are buying that require chelated minerals already are.

2 Likes

Pretty good chance they are but by adding in a chelating product it will give them the best chance to be taken up @dbrn32

I really just wanted a chance to talk about how fulvic acids seemed like death in a bag

Gh maxi does add some chelated products in their mix but my other dry additives do not so I try to make sure I add a chelating agent to the mix to help that process along.

I was wondering what everyone else uses. Personally I just use fulvic and humic acids to help

Interesting thing to say @PharmerBob. I was thinking of going down the fulvic acid route but not sure now :thinking:

1 Like

Fulvic is one of the better ones dave, it allows for chelation to be affective at almost any ph range. It’s just a very fine dusty powder and has an odd “basement of the old folks home” smell to it

3 Likes

Ahh thanks mate. I will have a look online and get some ordered. I’m always looking for beneficial soil enhancements, I have been doing a bit of research on both fulvic and humic acids. Fulvic seems to be missing completely these days due to modern farming methods. “Basement of the old folks home” :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I get mine from down to earth, seems like the best company not to get ripped off by. Humic acids will work well with your soils ph levels as well, that’s more like chunky then it’s brethren fulvic

1 Like

I will have a look. I have my grandson and just watched a full hour of paw patrol :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Aquanauts was our trauma hour

3 Likes

I have yet to find a synthetic nutrient package that doesn’t. Gh, jacks, an, canna, all that I have looked at. Any elements requiring to be chelated always are. The recipe info usually includes this info. Iron edta, zinc edta, manganese edta are all chelates. Sometimes not as easy to tell in comparison to what jacks lists “.3% amino chelated iron”.

Where it makes sense to use chelating agent is if you’re trying to release something in tap water that would otherwise be unavailable. Or maybe assist with organic amendments. If that’s what you’re trying to do, then makes perfect sense.

2 Likes

I agree with drbn 32 nutrients that need it already are I use well water at about 150 ppm which these pppm are not chelated I like recharge It has all the beneficial microbes along with fulvic amino and humic plus kelp and molasses and I bought a pound bag for 30 a year ago. And have only used about a quarter of it so far it goes a long way

2 Likes

Been there with aquanauts :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: