Checking on humidity

So I’m in pre flowering and just got a hydrometer/thermometer. Also purchased a dehumidifier. I’m at 58 humidity and 72 degrees. Is this acceptable at this stage? I’m working with autoflowers.

1 Like

58 is fine for veg, but you will want it <50% in flower.

1 Like

Not sure how I can get it that low. Any suggestions?

Airflow always helps. Dehumidification if necessary.

1 Like

I bought a dehumidifier yesterday. Hopefully it just needs to run its course. There is an air vent in the closet that I have closed. Would it help if I opened it at this stage?

1 Like

Thatll allow better airflow… might even help with humidity

2 Likes

You’d have to tell us about your setup. Tent, closet, open area? What size? How many plants? Is the area you live in typically very humid? Do you have an exhaust fan?
The more you can tell us, the better advice we can give.

Most likely you’ll at least need a decent size dehumidifier, but there are tons of variables.

3 Likes

Closet, one fan, dehumidfier humid southeast. I do have a central air vent in the closet that I just opened to help with ventilation.

1 Like

@Lightyear
I have the same challenge. I also live in the humid SE along the coast.

I put a pretty good size dehumidifier in my tent and set it to 55. Drain to a waste line to outside. I like it cause I can see it via WiFi when I’m not home and can monitor. I also have two small humidity / temp meters inside. One setting on the halo waterer and another on the back wall. I have a camera pointed at the pot and can see my watering system go off and see those to additional meters. I’m gone often so it lets me check in whenever i feel like it. Yeah,
Probably overkill.

I keep my exhaust running at about 8 out of 10 on speed.

I also have an ac unit (my grow is in a shed). The combination of two keeps my plant cool mid 70s and roughly 55% humidity.

My plant seems to love it so far. I’m still new to this.

2 Likes

I live in the southeast. Fighting humidity is like trying to rid your yard of fire ants. Aint gonna happen :rofl::rofl: i have a dehumidifier in my flower room but a humidifier in my veg room.

All above my pay grade. I have a tiny dehumidifier but it’s a small closet. I closed the back doors and cranked up the AC. The reading is now 55 so I think I’m headed in the right direction.

1 Like

I shoot for around 60% in flower. As long as you have oscillating fans to keep the air moving youll be fine. Better than fine actually. Study up on VPD and familiarize yourself with it.

1 Like

@Lightyear

1 Like