Checking in on this

You may want to plan ahead for some kind of “spacers” to raise/lower individual plants to keep optimum lighting as their heights will likely differ.

1 Like

The second leaves on this one were all bunched up under the cotyledons! I snipped them a bit and now it’s looking a lot better!

That’s some really good advice. Thanks? Any suggestion that you know works well?

Is this a problem?

Household items, just get creative…A cookie sheet on top of soup cans works well for a couple inches. Just make sure it is stable. I have a small shelf and have used plastic ice cream buckets as well. Just anything to get you to where you can train them to stay even-ish

Probably not just check under the leaf for signs of pest. May have just gotten damaged or pinched a little but watch for any more growth like hat

1 Like

I check for pests daily. I actually dropped my fan on the plant a few days ago, but I didn’t notice the damage.

I also couldn’t find the rest of the leaf, which is a little troubling.

Just a scratch…

1 Like

Haha “I cut your arm off!”

Is this normal coloring? It seems to be coming in nicely, but it looks weird to me.

This is coming from a complete noob with no grow under belt, but it looks splotchy color wise to me.

When I’ve seen this question come up before, the advice is usually she will grow out of it providing you didn’t get water or nutes splashed on the leaves

The people who know better than me should chime in
We will see then if this noob diagnosed correctly

1 Like

Some just do it it will be fine. It will grow out of it

1 Like

Leaf variegation is a common genetic defect. It does go away with time. Nothing to be concerned with.

1 Like

So ILGM just told me that this may be Tobacco Mosaic Virus. Is that likely?

Here’s an updated photo.

I don’t think this is TMV. TMV greatly slows growth, and my plant’s growth has been through the roof over the past week!

Looks more like variegation to me.

1 Like

Me too. Plus, it’s growing like a, well, a weed.:joy:

2 Likes

@Covertgrower What about this?

It doesn’t rub off on my fingers, I don’t think it’s rust. I think I got some droplets of water on it yesterday. Could that be it?